Friday, 16 September 2005

Blackies expecting?

Not that I am a vet or anything, but I am convinced Blackie is having kittens. It's very exciting, but a bit worrying considering she lives on a boat round the back of the house and its nearly winter time. Shes looked after by everyone and I can't work out if she is a stray or not, but I think for now she isn't, so I am worried and hope I can help her.

My reasons for thinking shes pregnant-
1. Getting much much bigger in the last few weeks but not fat.
2. Eating so much. Granted, she doesn't get regular food all the time, but when I feed her, she wolfs it down. Also Mari and Pat feed her a bit as well I think.
3. Shes gotten very affectionate and trusting with me and Josh.


I read up on it online and I learnt that cat pregnancies last 9 weeks roughly, and cats don't normally show till five weeks in. Soooooo, we don't have much time. I think we should get her looked over by the vet, but I don't want her babies taken away... as they are hers, but then again, I feel like the responsible thing to do would be to hand them into a shelter, as shes a feral/wild cat. But then again, she isn't. It's almost like shes a pet that lives in our back garden sort of. She hangs out with the little of family cats we have at L'Ecurie. I wish Toots would let Blackie (Mog) come in the house. She nearly did the other day, when it was wet on the ground so I couldn't out out cat food or it'd get soggy, which is why I put it under Pie's car. Blackie thanked me for this in squeeks and purrs.

She's a beauty cat alright, I'll get some pictures somehow. Like a Black Vegas she is.

No comments: