Saturday, 1 October 2005

big verns

Me and Joshua went to big verns and watched the MASSIVE choppy swell as we at our dinner.

I am a bit drunk. We made biscuits and I inadvertantly bust his PC laptop...

At dinner, we were talking about the wedding, which we should start planning. I joked that I wanted to have ONE official wedding picture, like Catherine ZJ except ours would be like our normal pictures, pulling faces or tweaking each others nipples or a head lock. Thats me and Joshua. Being silly, having fun.
A low key affair, cos we're poor and cheap haha.

The only people on the island who HAVE to come are Simon, Mioiki and Ekika, and of course Pat. (Although its more hassle than its worth haha)
I'd like Rose and Dave to come and Maureen and Bruno, as they are like family really to me... I can't think of anyone else really...

I don't know if my dad or my brother would come... its so far away and I know my dad doesn't like Jersey and its a bit awkward with Pat and then once he'd be here, he'd make me feel like a complete nuisance for dragging him here. Maybe he doesn't mean it, but he'd make me feel like it alright.

Also, the following people have to come (no favouritism in the order)
Mariana
Ria
Lisa
Fleur and Jamie
Anthony
Charley
Hazel

Thats it really. Can't afford a party, or a dress for that matter. But we're doing it alright. Hopefully before the end of the year.

Thats my mission this week, to find out more info. (edited to add:) Yeah I may as well start cos as usual it'll be all up to me to sort out. Whats the point eh. I wish my mum was still alive. She'd help me. Now I have to do all this shit on my own which takes away ALL the fun of doing it at all. I hate being poor. I have no leaway whatsoever in organising a GOOD wedding. Bullshit.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Money has absolutely nothing to do with it being a good wedding.
it just depends on your mind set.
If its important to you to have some of the traditional things, then wait a while longer till you can afford them.
If its not, then think about what IS important to you and include those things.
One of the best weddings i've ever been to was my brothers, which after the ceremony went back to my mum's and consisted of friends and family talking in the garden with music and food [ and arguments...i am talking about my family here, and it HAD to include arguments! ]but where everyone was comfortable.
Children ran about and got messy, Max's mum turned up with goat curry and rice in a big tureen and people came and went all day.
It wouldn't have suited everyone, but it suited THEM perfectly, and thats what I'm trying to say...find out what would suit YOU perfectly and then go for it.
xxxxx

Alex said...

I just want something nice and small and meaningful to me and Joshua. Unique but not soppy.

Unknown said...

then you need to see if you can pinpoint exactly what it is that would make it that way for you.
maybe if you make a list of what DOESN'T matter you might get a feel for what DOES.
xxx

Emily said...

You don't have to spend a lot to have a good day- but since you're only going to get married once, you should make sure it's the way you both want it to be, otherwise you'll regret it in the future. If that means waiting a while, it's ok- it'll be worth it in the end :)

Alex said...

i just dont know where to start really! I want something personal and unique to us, but i dont know how or where that would begin!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't miss it for the world!!

The nicest weddings are the most relaxed ones, with no pressure about seating arrangements and flowers matching the tablecloths. I am sure whatever you come up with it will be lovely, the most important part is already done (finding the right boyo)!