Wednesday, 12 October 2005

Theres life in the old girl yet

For the last few days, I have been talking to a boy on msn (steady on!)

He's a local kid, who like a few others have added me on myspace cos they've seen me in St Helier or been in the queue for the cinema behind me or something. His name is Tiago and he seems really bright but hasn't a clue about where he wants to be or what he wants to study. SO I have been talking him through his options, uni courses and such like, as no teachers seem to be helping him out. The poor lad did't know about art foundatin courses, which I think would do him a world of good. I wish I had done one. My brother loved his.

Then we got talking about his graphics project. Now, he's hit bingo as he's talking a girl who's only sucess at school was graphics. SO I have been helping him out, talking him through the design process, which his teacher should have helped him with...

The poor lamb had sort of gotten himself into a tizz as he had already in his head envisaged the final finished thing.

I gave him lots of links and ideas and told him the importance of research and such like. He seemed super stoked. Which made me feel all funny inside. Like when you know you're doing something to help someone out, and they really appreciate it, even though tis easy to you and absolutely no bother whatsoever.

Kinda made me think a bit about teaching and also doing design stuff again.

I had to get up again while Joshua was asleep and write out 3 pages of notes and brainstorm stuff for Tiago. I don't know why, I couldn't get it off my chest. I had a ton of ideas floating around my head...

It was strange. Like I know when I am at work I get challenged... but it was like the old days! When I gave a shit! When my enthusiasm was directed properly!

Now I am so fickle about most things... I don't know what happened. I'm not fickle about important stuff. Like say, Joshua, but other things. No much seems to keep my attention and I get bored really easy... and I still don't have the will power to stick at things. God. I thought you're supposed to get better at things like that as time goes on!


I'm other news I am not going to get over my insane shyness which has somehow reappeared since I've been back here. I will go out and make friends! I will! Social situation fear will be a thing of the past!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes we do [get the book people ], and silly git that I am I forgot to take it back yesterday, so we had to buy it!...but i made a management decision and decided the practice needed it for the waiting area, so i very graciously let them pay for it instead of me.
:D

Oh.And have you been to see P+P? yet *heart*

Unknown said...

And i forgot to say I love your biscuits but hated my art foundation course.
That could have been because I did fine art when I really wanted to do fashion though.