Saturday, 19 November 2005

new flatty goodness

Today it is cold. I am freezing. yeah my period started, and me and Joshua didn't eat so much today, but even so I am COLD!!

We moved a ton of stuff to the flat today. All our clothes, kitchen stuff, bed sheets, everything. Apart from the dreaded boxes of books. Oh lord that won't be fun... they weigh a ton. Its a nice flat. It's so calm and clean and quite spacious for a small flat, cos the seilings are quite high. During the day, the front room is really well lit naturally, then as the sun sets, it moves to the bed room and you can see the lovely sunset reds on the water. The other people in the non quali'd flat were moving in, and then we met some other random people passing back and forth from the flat from Pat's and back.

We are staying back at Pat's tonight as we still have to move a ton of stuff, and atleast I can crank up the heating. The flat is cold, I think thats cos its been totally unused for a while, and in a day or so it'll warm up.

We don't have a phone yet or broadband... it'll be a bitch to set up as I think Jersey Telecom charge a ton for it; something like 50 quid for connection alone, but according to the form they bill for 79.99 which the difference goes towards your first bill. Cheapest line rental is 10-14.50 a month. No VAT which is okay. But the broand prices go down to almost London prices at the end of the month (39.99 a month for a 2meg line?)but still with a chunky old connection fee of 50 quid. I should ask if they'd let us connect to both for just one connection fee, as other wise just to sign up for the phone it's like 130 quid, and thats not including and calls made and the first months line rental for broadband. Things wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to pay Pat some rent. She said that it didn't matter when we said we were moving and I don't mind paying her rent, but it isn't something she should keep moving around so to speak. She does it when she's in a mood with me, or rather just when she is having a mental wierd day and wants to assert her power. Like when the battery died on the car, and I didn't actually drive it for a week before hand., but still she was angry about it like it was my fault. I don't rise to it, which I think winds her up more. My cheque for 200 quid still hasn't arrived. but anyways, goodbye Pat. You're nice somethings but otherwise a power crazy control freak ogre who likes to play mind games.

The Country Music Awards are on BBC 2 and I keep finding myself watching them, like the old dawg I am. We had pizza for dinner, it was awesome. Gotta go now, Casualty is on, and I like that show!

No comments: