Tuesday, 1 November 2005

Now go and tell the commandant I want to see him!

The ladies that I met were really nice and I think it went okay. I'd like the job and know I'd do well and get settled. I don't want to get too excited because I might not get called back for a second interview and that would suck if I got my hopes up over nothing. They seemed really interested and keen and liked the fact I could knit and bake haha. I could do the job standing on my head I know it. I really hope they give me the opportunity to show them. Afterwards I went to the SS building and got a new card, then took it to Rowlands as I am temping for them tomorrow and the day after. Then bus home via looking at some agencies. Lots of iddle flats in town.

Oh I forgot to mention before that Pat said that she wanted us out I am sure. It is no biggie, cos we want to go, but now, she is in a sulk that we aren't having dinner with her and her little dinner party. I like the guests but not the host. You can't say one thing being all mental and then suddenly expect to have dinner etc like normal. I am not sulking, but they are her friends and she said that she wanted privacy so she has it. I can't win with her so I stop playing. There have been a few minor confrontations with me and her but nothing with Joshua, he wasn't even spoken to about dinner, she shouldn't have just presumed he was eating. As nice as it was, thank you but no thank you. And let's be honest, a lot of the time there is an ulterior motive. So me and Joshu snuck out and grabbed a chinese and ate it upstairs. She was funny about me talking the car, when I said we weren't eating, even though I had mentioned it earlier today... "Where are you going with MY car?" "I'll be 40 mins max" "Well make sure you are back tehn with MY car." See. Again, being nice is fine, but I don't like the chat and attitude that goes with it. Like "Yeah I am being nice. DON"T YOU FORGET IT!" Also, I think she hates me cos I am not the golden boy Paul Harris and like Simon I don't pander and agree, I am honest. I hope she isn't like this with Ekika when she gets older.

Pissing it down now. Hehe. Wintery gales. But it is still quite warm out.

I'm too tired to write anymore. I bit/cut my nails really short and it's got too hard to type properly.

Also I have gut rot. Also I got an awesome postcard from Emma (the lovely SG Dylan) written as a Jehovahs Witness.

ALSO Even better, I saw a fantastic film today called
Triple Cross. It had Christopher Plummer, Yul Brynner and a bunch of actors you'd recognise playing random Germans. it was soooo good. What a good nonsense romp. t had spies, Nazi's and at the beginning, Eddie (Plummer) was in prison in Jersey! I was only flicking the channels to see what was on whilst I was waiting for the washing machine to finish...!!

Basically, it is (loosely supposedly) based on the story of Eddie Chapman, who was a theif/burglar/safe cracker etc who was in prison in Jersey at the start of the war. He was in solitary confinement when I turned on and he was looking out of the window seeing all the Germans arrive and seeing slowly the island getting more bombed. "I've been in solitary confinement for 10 months! There is a war going on isn't there!?"

Basically, he looks after number one and starts spying for the Germans, but then spies for the English and so forth. In the meantime Yul B is training him up whilst planning to blow up Hitler. Great stuff. Also Yul is wearing a monocle and a fox fur wrap for most of the film. And the uniforms and stuff were awesome and totally cool and real. The sets and models were good. give a few planes that were wrong but we'll pretend we didn't see them. Also the two main ladies, Romy Schneider, who played the Countess and the French bit of stuff he met in prison and then later when she was out and married were both hot as hell and dressed looovely. It was a bit Bond, but a bit more not so, like how I would expect spying in the 40s/50s to be. Lots of double dealing and looking out for yourself because no one really trusts anyone but at the same time a bit of traditional stiff upperlip from the Brits and a bit of stereotypical German behaviour. But then with some added glitz for the big screen. (So basically it was total nonsense.)


Well I am going to go now before this blog turns into a blog about Triple Cross.

No comments: