Friday, 11 November 2005

Qatar

Today was good. First off, I got a letter from good old Richard Phoenix, who is my pen friend. He is doing a medical trial thing and gets bored, so I wrote him a note and threatened to fill it with sand. he was relived to find that I didn't and wrote back saying that everyone liked the SG stickers and stuff I threw in there last minute. Well it was pretty much just stickers. For a split second I felt like it was 1940 something and I was writing to troops on the front to boost morale haha.
Also he put my name as Alex "Twathead" Eales which is a running joke with us. Only this time I am upping the stakes with Richard "Small Penis" Pheonix .
THEN
Work was fun, they bought me a bacon roll! On the bank! Deutsche Bank may give you bananas but I like SC for their realism and the fact that they know when people need comfort food. Somthing big is going on there. I told Joshua this yesterday as I kinda 'felt it' but today I heard the word "restructuring...." used A LOT in the private meeting room that I sit next to and then the boss guy asking his PA to compile a list of who had what holiday left. Not content with looking at royalty passports, like literally Kings and Queens and Sheikhs and stuff, I spoke to one on the phone today!
Thats the last time I answer the phone that isn't my own. (Don't even be helpful!)
Phone rings, I run over and grab it. "Hello is [name edited so I don't get in trouble as the internet is like a big postcard] there?"
me: "no he's just popped out for a ciggie I think!" In a jokey voice, stupidly not looking at the caller ID.
"Oh... can you tell him (mumbly forign voice) Sheikh Bin Wallla Wallla Bin Halal Falaffel (from the office of blah blah blah) called?"
"me "yeah sure, has he got your number?" etc etc etc
Boss comes back, I tell him the dude called.
Boss "Oh what did he say?" Looks a bit worried at the mere fact he called."Thats the King of (see title of blog)!"

Riiiiight. Okay. I am so glad I finished there today as when he calls back I think I might have been told off hahah. Also I was folding and stuff which was awesome.
Also during the 2 minute silence, I goofed badly. I forgot just as it started i had sent something to the printer. A MASSIVE wodge of passports. It only fucking started as the ISLAND (bar Joshua) fell silent. Three pages in, it STUCK, started churning louder and louder. THEN half way through, it started beeping SO LOUDLY. Longest two minutes of my life, seeing that thing die, and watching everyone look at me agast subtley trying to kick the thing to death and pull the power lead out.

Monday I start at a tip top fancy lawyer. So tomorrow imagine me running about town trying to find things to make me look proper and respectable. And possible a haircut for good measure. Then Joshua and I (I decree) will go and look at furniture. And maybe go to the awesome kitchen shop which I love so much. Le Lievres, I love you. Also, I love this from the small stakes

After work I went for drinks with Joshua's work mates, who are awesome and SOOOOOO funny, especially Dan and Lee who were telling us stories. The best one was Dan's secret santa severe fuckup haha.
Then feeling lazy and flush, cos it was pissing it down outside, I got us a cab home, for all of 5 pounds. Then Joshua had an idea for chinese, even though we went to Pizza Express for lunch (!) so now, after eating that I am pretty much dying. I wasn't even hungry, WHEN WILL I EVER LEARN TO NEVER BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN FOOD IS CONCERNED?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAH you gave me a real laugh with your King of Qatar and 2 minute LOUD NOISES!

Wish you were here tonight, we're seeing Dotty and Charley among others.

I miss you tons, glad you've found a lot of temp stuff!