Sunday, 18 December 2005

another weekend gone

Hmmm let me see... Christmas presents:
For Joshua... check. Although some of it is yet to arrive. I'm starting to get a bit in a tizzy about it.
Ordered something for Joshua's mum as well.
We got Ekika (the greatest 3 year old in the world) some good educational fun gifts too, drawing paper, playdoh stuff, a cooking set, some fuzzy felts and I think something else but I forget. Ah yes, a ton of stickers. She's obsessed with stickers.

I feel bad for not saying more to people on this site, but in all honesty I am still finding my feet and haven't had much time to get used to it all yet. Although with my beta codes I am going to go out and spread the word do not worry about that.

After a few months of being in the wilderness, one of our friends flew over to see us! As a celebration we got some live lobsters and some live moules and had some seafood for dinner. It was awesome. Although we felt very guilty putting live lobsters into the pot. It could have gone horribly wrong when we realised that you shouldn't put live lobsters into fresh water, say in the sink, we realised the error of our ways (god bless Google) almost instantly so the fiesty little devils didn't seem to mind so much. I think I already mentioned this but never mind. We also had a singstar session as well, which I documented with pictures and little camera movies as well. Shocking it was. We took Mariana up to the airport... Right now I suspect she's over the Channel or nearing the South UK coast. We met her sister in law and her boyfriend, what a small world, not only do they live here, and we met them via Mariana but they used to live where I used to, so we reminisced about how horrid Bishop's Stortford is.

I'm going to go and have a cup of tea. Back to reality now. I start a new job tomorrow and I am very excited. Then I am going to go for a swim afterwards and then join the gym, providing I haven't spent a small fortune (which I suspect I have) recently on presents, food and taxis ( ...Which I certainly don't spend money on.)

I really have got quite fat again. I'm not too bothered in a sense that I'm going to go and vomit and kill myself and cry like say I would a few years or so ago, more that I'm going to do something about it. I'm quite realistic in the sense that I know it winter and its Jersey and tis the season to eat and be gluttonous and such like. But I suppose I can stop it from getting any worse and prevention is better than cure.

My knee has sort of gone all wierd and bruised all over again. Ah well.

Hang on, Jimmy Carr is on TV again. Jesus. He's on everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate Jimmy Carr... simple... end of!

on the plus side - i have a new job and i want to send you a xmas card - didn't you get my txt message?

look - your skin sounds just like Shelly's - you bruise easily... silly girlie skin! you will be okay, but you knew that already didn't you 'lex ;)

- good luck/well done for the job :)

get in touch asap!

Simon and Leah (she's sitting on my lap as I type this!) She wants to see Doctor Who in the 'pooter :)
Xx