The Golden Compass was very good!
I signed up finally today for the Cineworld monthly pass for £11.99. Bargain really considering that films normally are just over £6 a time. I went for a 6pm showing on my own, so it wasn't full of townie kids and I could go in my pajamas and a big coat for a pretend duvet. Awesome. There aren't many films on at the moment I really want to see, but seeing as I already paid my money I am going to use it as an excuse to see more films, simply because I can. I can use it in other cinemas too, just not the pricey West End ones.
It was ace. It really was. My only complaints were that Mrs Coulter should have had dark hair, and that they watered down the story of the first book a lot. Obviously this is to fit it into a film format, and to meet the PG rating. They should have made it, or released a 15/12 version and went into more detail about the children being taken and the separation of the daemons. I hope they get cracking on the second one too.. that is m favourite book of the trilogy I think, The Subtle Knife. The relationship that develops with Lyra and Will Parry, the parallel world they both travel to, the Spectres, the Authority, Dust and the Magistirium and Mary Malone and particle matter and later on, the mulefa. Fuck I really love those books, I might have to read them again soon.
Also, in other more exciting news, I have scored a tattoo appointment with the man the legend Chad Koeplinger. I cannot wait! Early February... I emailed him following Paddy telling me he was guesting at Frith Street and he got back to me really quick and said that my idea sounded great (will reveal more eventually) and to expect to hear from him in a day or regarding deposits and times. I had better get saving. It is going to look like some time off work will be needed... but maybe Demien can work on my arm as well while I am over. I will email him when I know more. He did say that he would do it for free so maybe he could work on it in the evening? I'd buy him dinner as well haha.
I'm staying in tonight... I just watched another poor bloke/rich girl dance movie. I am a sucker for that kind of thing. It was called Step Up. Wikipedia just told me that Johnny Depp produced it.
Last night we had our work section do. It was nice. We went to La Cantina, which is a bit posh, but lovely Italian restaurant. We had the works, and the directors that came, paid the drinks bill. I just wish I had known this before the bill was sorted so I could have ordered more than sort drinks hahah! My lead director has been off work for a while, as recently both his parents died, in the same week within a few days. Really hard thing for anyone to deal with, and Andrew is such a lovely bloke, he doesn't deserve that kind of thing, not that anyone does, but yeah, not nice. I'm glad he came though. His decision to come, with his wife, was last minute so he didn't get in on the secret santa, so I did a good deed and got him something I knew he would like, he likes robots and is a bit of a geek, so I gave my tin robot, boxed and all, that I got in NY. It was cheap as it was in a Toy Tokyo sale, which would be only a fiver in GBP anyways! And he loved it! I rule!
Have decided I need to think about moving to a smaller cheaper flat. I want to save some money... and I think mine, although I have my own bathroom, and bills are included, I think £650 is a bit much, and having no qualies, this might be hard to improve on. I like the privacy I have so I wouldn't want to share so publicly with anyone... we'll see what I can find. I don't want a palace though, so we'll see!
Have a good weekend everyone. Feeling a bit lonely at the mo. Roll on the New Year, Christmas is a bit of a shitter.
Saturday, 8 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
I'm a big fan of the Pullman books, I might go and see the film soon. I was a bit worried it might be shit but I feel better now after your review. Were the daemons good?
The Terry Goodkind books are typical fantasy, set in another world, good vs evil type books, I am a big sucker for that sort of thing, always have been. They're quite cheesy but really enjoyable!It's kind of a guilty pleasure.
Post a Comment