Friday, 7 November 2008

Adelaide


Well just a quick heads up to say yes I did go into labour soon after my last post. I had a fantastic experience in the pool with no drugs, although I had a go with the gas and air but thought it was nasty. Adelaide is possibly the most amazing thing I have ever been a part of, although I am hugely biased. I have only just got out of hospital because here in Jersey you get treated really nicely in hospital and can stay as long as you like or feel you need. I needed a fair few days because the little swine does not stop eating. The first few days were extremely rough and she worked herself up into a right mess if she was not on my boob for atleast 20 hours a day and I could not keep up. Normal service has now been resumed, or rather, I can meet with the demands. I felt sorry for her really because babies have never had to experience hunger or exercise any form of patience in their lives so it must have been a shock to have pretty much starved for a day or so.

She weighed in at 8lbs 6 oz, and is a wapping 62cm long. I think the average for a newborn is around 48-50cm maybe.

Patrick and I are all gooey eyed over her right now. I will update with some boring birth story for you all in due course, but in the meantime I leave you with a picture of the Cupcake finally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I figured that's what the radio silence was about so I sent a few happy thoughts your way while I waited to hear something...

Congratulations to you both, she's a little cutie.

Joshua x