Friday, 28 November 2008

Another mumsy entry

I hope you all had a good turkey day.

Madam is 4 weeks old and filling out at an alarming rate. She takes 5oz a feed with room to take more, at pretty much every 2/3 hours. I'd be fucked if I was exclusively breastfeeding (to be honest, what with her griping from 8pm-midnight daily, the breastfeeding being is pretty much being phased out because I don't need the hassle.) People go "she can't be hungry still... she's just got wind or is using you/the bottle as a pacifier" ... no believe me, give it a few minutes and you'll figure it out for yourself haha.

I don't really have a life at the minute, its all baby baby baby. Sometimes I don't get dressed, not from lack of trying though, which is pretty depressing and makes you feel really crap, especially at 3am when you are tired and reflecting on the day gone/day to come (and smell of BO and milk).



Really looking forward to Christmas and the New year, which is a first for me. Not because I am miserable, but the last few have been really quiet purposely because I tend to do a lot in the year. I guess this will be the shape of family type periods from now on with Adelaide in tow. I nearly have all my flights booked, just need to sort out with Dad when I am actually going over. I need to plan ahead and get some stuff sent home and ordered from Boots for her arrival, and I need to hire a bloody car. I got royally fucked over by Budget last time, so I am going to be extremely careful who I chose this time, but its all so expensive and the 'hidden' charges like excess deposits are ridiculous. I doubt I'll even use it every day, but I need to get Patrick from Heathow and I'd like to be able to get about on my own pace, rather than stuck in my Dad's village at the mercy of public transport, especially with Adelaide being so demanding!


Gotta dash now as the baby is squawking at me having woken up.

But before I go... one of the highlights from the new Bill Bailey DVD... Not as good as the Part Troll stuff, but still funny:



Seriously though... who bought something for Addie from her wishlist? We got some awesome Lamaze wrist and foot rattles from Amazon, but no note to say who they were from! So own up!

No comments: