Sunday, 1 March 2009

Poop

So as usual my blogging falls by the wayside. but in my defence, being a full time mum is pretty time consuming. Well, working full time and being a mum on top rather. Weekends with Adelaide are rather nice, like this one for instance, we get up a little later (well half a bloody hour later which really doesn't count but is a start atleast...) and take our time getting ready. We go down for toast and tea whilst Addie watches me dance badly to Radio 2 (see I am getting old) and then eventually we head out into town for a wander.

Saturday is now my "get everything done" day; I have to do the Boots run and get stuck in the eternal queue for the lifts which don't work at all well, and then take a gander at the baby stuff in a host of shops. Very rarely I will buy myself something, but this weekend I did... I got two work jumpers so I don't know if that strictly counts. Then after a break for lunch with Megan or someone like that, we go home and then later in the day venture out to Grande Marché for a big food shop. Or rather as much of a big food shop as you can get on a buggy. Evenings are pretty much the same as weekdays, bath and bed for Addie and then I watch a film and do a ton of chores and get woken up a multitude of times in the night, only to get up the next day to go through the same routine, except without the shopping.

Things otherwise are well, Patrick and I are talking about taking things to the next step and actually being on the same continent. I have 2 weeks off in August and I plan to spend it in the UK and I think I should be able to convince Patrick to come over to stay for the duration. We should be able to fly back to Jersey to get the Goober on the birth certificate finances allowing.

My ITIS rate finally got lowered below 10% so I am now paying a slightly more reasonable amount of income tax. With my first pay cheque back I bought Addie a Links of London bracelet as I figured it'd be a nice heirloom for her when she gets older. I intend to add charms to it at landmark events, like her first birthday, when she starts school, 16, 18 etc, and then give it to her on her 21st birthday. I already have an A charm on it, and a Russian doll. It was so nice and cheaper than I thought, I might buy one for myself!

Anyway earlier on Addie pooped in the bath. Forgetting she was a three act pooper, I whisked her out, but then she crapped all over the towel and me. I held her up a little bit, trying to not get poop everywhere but failed, and she got cold and started shivering. Oh well, whats a bit of your daughters shit on your chin? She got cleaned up and put to bed as usual. She is fast asleep, like a good girl. Getting her to sleep is easy, its the keeping her asleep that I fail on. We are now onto 8oz of formula for bedtime, and hungry baby at that. Where can I go from there other tha early weening? I don't think they make bottles bigger than 8/9oz. Oh well. If this 8oz feed works, I'll keep at it. She only has 7oz during the day, and some water somewhere in between.

I am going now, as I have caught her cold and cough, so need to go dose myself up with whatever I can find to stop my nose from looking like Niagra Falls!!

As much as I love my daughter I really am glad to be at work, especially as I am the sole parent at the moment. It's time consuming and my patience is pretty wore trying to entertain the Diva and do the household stuff and baby domestics like serilising and laundry and hoovering.

No comments: