Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Crap! Fell behind again!

Well I fell behind AGAIN. However I have a good reason. Here is a brief summary of why...

  • 3rd September Adelaide and I went to visit with Patrick in America. Nikki came.
  • Nikki went home however Patrick and I got married on the 19th September and we missed our return flight intentionally. I miss Nikki a great deal.
  • We are now going through various paperwork with some lawyers to stay here and make a life legally.
  • We are living with Patricks family, who have very kindly been doing some home stuff to make their big basement another giant room (for Adelaide and a family TV room.... its awesome, I helped do it too, it was really good fun and I can't wait till we have our own place so that I can get nesting!)
  • Had fun and games at Labor Day at the house. Much merriment.
  • Adelaide turned one on the 30th October. It was a great day, we went to a farm, saw some (sad looking) animals, including wolverines, had hayrides etc.
  • Adelaide is now a full on toddler, officially walking, running and climbing everything whenever I am not looking.
  • She is gabbing away, although doesn't have as an exciting vocabulary as Pearl just yet, but she is getting there now in leaps and bounds. She doesn't stop going "HI! HI! HI!" Whenever the phone rings or she sees someone on the phone. It is cute.
  • Snow approaches. Lots of it. It could snow any day here in NH everyone keeps telling me. I still have no coat and no boots. I will get to it soon I promise. Looking forward to snow but maybe not 4 months of it/8 foot of it. We'll see how I fare.
  • Have started to learn to quilt. So far, it is looking good. I appear to be a bit crafty and I didn't even realise!
  • I love love love my husband so much. I love being married. I really do. I miss working, but it isn't forever.
  • Lots of pictures on my Flickr, link to the side/bottom/somewhere.
  • We only just got wifi sorted at the house (was part of a long list of to do things, that was extremely frustrating to me, as no one had time to do any of them but me, but I couldn't do them alone!) hence why my lack of update here. Well, partly due to the lack of wifi the no update... I can't be excused from that properly.
  • Adelaide has 12 teeth now, including all her molars. They are really effin' sharp.
  • Toaster strudels are amazing.
  • Had a much needed hair cut, after 10 months. The floor looked like a whole wig on the floor.
  • Been tattooed. Will be finally getting a MARRIAGE tattoo with Patrick on Friday at the Hobo's Friday 13th Special do. Robert Ryan is guesting and is doing a special joint tattoo for us. I wanted to post some links but I have no time as it is currently bed time for me and Patrick.
Back soon!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yay you updated! Gorgeous photos up there! And 12 effin teeth - holy moly! Pearl still only has 6, and theyre not all fully through yet.

The whole toddler thing is terrifying, she has no fear but lots of motivation to explore everything. Adelaide was so active even before she could walk, I can imagine her running around like a loon getting into mischief!x