Well I have been neglecting this blog a little bit because of my new project. However stuff has happened and I didn't quite get around to writing about it because I was busy, or I was still mad about it. So now I can laugh about it, I am going to tell you about our Monday.
I finally went out driving in Patrick's mum's car. It was a fun and slightly nervous experience because although I have driven on the other side of the road, I've never driven in America.
Firstly, Patrick is the worst person to have as a passenger. He barked at me instructions the whole time and got super pissed off when I didn't do as he said. At one point he told me to SIGNAL LEFT! TURN! But I had no notice and didn't know where I was or where I was going, so didn't quite register the urgency of the turn. That stressed him out, and I was ready to lamp him one. I would have kicked him out of the car, or drove off when he got out at the bank, had I known where I was and how I would have gotten home. What made it worse was that every time he raised his voice at me, Adelaide thought we were fighting and she started crying. Yes readers, I went out test driving in a new country in an unfamiliar car with out baby in the back seat. To make matters worse, the car is an automatic and although I have driven these before, with the new surroundings, I felt like I didn't really have any ownership of the vehicle and like I was coasting. Another annoying thing he did was (aside from making me cry) was use a stupid patronising tone of voice when he'd tell me the speed limit (and then to go 5 mph over it) and then to keep up with the other cars.... but then moments later tell me to slow down (a few times I was speeding but most of the time I was maybe 7 mph over) and not be so close to the other cars. Make your chuffin' mind up Patrick. Everything that was once second nature to me is suddenly all new and confusing. I can't all of a sudden grasp where I am supposed to be driving and have a full working map in my head. And yes I know what a 'yield' sign means. I am not a complete fuckwit. And then when we were at Walmart on the way home, he had the cheek to be surly with me. I wasn't the one that had been shouting the whole way, I was a saint! Then near home he said something along the lines of "well you ironed the kinks out pretty quickly" ummmm did I? You made me feel like shit actually so if I did, it is probably through complete fear of being ridiculed and barked at again thanks very much. The funny thing is, he actually admits to being a shit passenger and he drives so aggressively and I have always respected his driving preference and never said anything to him. Well those days are over my friends! Bah! Okay, I should cut Patrick some slack because I think really it might not have been that bad. And in his defence he was probably terrified of my driving. I expect if he ever SAW this he would be pretty mad at my 'take' of events.
In other news the MIL is sick with some kind of gut rot, but on the mend. I think she was annoyed that no one did the grocery shopping but the truth of the matter is that the house is FULL of other food, and this was a good opportunity to run down the supplies a bit. But I expect there may be some talk about how it should have been done and how rubbish we all are.
Also, Shannon, the sister in law who I equally love and want to sometimes slap in the head (Shannon knows this I think because we have talked about it and how she is currently wasting her life) is excited because Patrick's friend George is coming to see her from Rochester, NY. The two of them have a llittle fledgling romance going, and I for one am pleased for her, because the last year hasn't been fun for her, parts self inflicted and some not, but that is not for this blog, but anyway I think she needs something nice and to meet a nice guy who will make her realise her goals in life and how to finally achieve them because she deserves a break.
I finally went out driving in Patrick's mum's car. It was a fun and slightly nervous experience because although I have driven on the other side of the road, I've never driven in America.
Firstly, Patrick is the worst person to have as a passenger. He barked at me instructions the whole time and got super pissed off when I didn't do as he said. At one point he told me to SIGNAL LEFT! TURN! But I had no notice and didn't know where I was or where I was going, so didn't quite register the urgency of the turn. That stressed him out, and I was ready to lamp him one. I would have kicked him out of the car, or drove off when he got out at the bank, had I known where I was and how I would have gotten home. What made it worse was that every time he raised his voice at me, Adelaide thought we were fighting and she started crying. Yes readers, I went out test driving in a new country in an unfamiliar car with out baby in the back seat. To make matters worse, the car is an automatic and although I have driven these before, with the new surroundings, I felt like I didn't really have any ownership of the vehicle and like I was coasting. Another annoying thing he did was (aside from making me cry) was use a stupid patronising tone of voice when he'd tell me the speed limit (and then to go 5 mph over it) and then to keep up with the other cars.... but then moments later tell me to slow down (a few times I was speeding but most of the time I was maybe 7 mph over) and not be so close to the other cars. Make your chuffin' mind up Patrick. Everything that was once second nature to me is suddenly all new and confusing. I can't all of a sudden grasp where I am supposed to be driving and have a full working map in my head. And yes I know what a 'yield' sign means. I am not a complete fuckwit. And then when we were at Walmart on the way home, he had the cheek to be surly with me. I wasn't the one that had been shouting the whole way, I was a saint! Then near home he said something along the lines of "well you ironed the kinks out pretty quickly" ummmm did I? You made me feel like shit actually so if I did, it is probably through complete fear of being ridiculed and barked at again thanks very much. The funny thing is, he actually admits to being a shit passenger and he drives so aggressively and I have always respected his driving preference and never said anything to him. Well those days are over my friends! Bah! Okay, I should cut Patrick some slack because I think really it might not have been that bad. And in his defence he was probably terrified of my driving. I expect if he ever SAW this he would be pretty mad at my 'take' of events.
In other news the MIL is sick with some kind of gut rot, but on the mend. I think she was annoyed that no one did the grocery shopping but the truth of the matter is that the house is FULL of other food, and this was a good opportunity to run down the supplies a bit. But I expect there may be some talk about how it should have been done and how rubbish we all are.
Also, Shannon, the sister in law who I equally love and want to sometimes slap in the head (Shannon knows this I think because we have talked about it and how she is currently wasting her life) is excited because Patrick's friend George is coming to see her from Rochester, NY. The two of them have a llittle fledgling romance going, and I for one am pleased for her, because the last year hasn't been fun for her, parts self inflicted and some not, but that is not for this blog, but anyway I think she needs something nice and to meet a nice guy who will make her realise her goals in life and how to finally achieve them because she deserves a break.








2 comments:
hahahahha, oh dear, it's funny, although I realise how annoying it must have been!!fererr
Oops! 'Fererr' was the Capcha thing, I'm not going loopy!
Post a Comment