Hello all and sundry perusing on my virtual ramblings on the babbage machine!
Today we didn't do much, I napped with Addie this morning. I have been so tired recently and I really don't know why. And Patrick did some Ebaying, and then once we were all up, it was a quick change so we could go to lunch with our friends Adam and Kristina. Indian Palace lunch buffet which was lovely. Addie hammed it up and once done, we dropped her home to Nana, so we could go see Avatar. Well that was a no go, again, because this time it was mobbed. Everything was sold out still, so we didn't get a chance. Infact, pretty much everything was sold out, and even the car park was mobbed. So then we just went via Newbury Comics and looked at geekery, and then went back to Adam and Kristina's house to watch a DVD. We ended up watching El Beasto the Rob Zombie animated thing, that was TERRIBLE. Then we came home, and gave Addie her dinner.
So now we are home, Addie tucked up in bed, watching films. We started watching Das Boot, which is one of my favourites, but we stopped because it was the dubbed version and instead we started watching The International. Which isn't so bad so far. I don't really like Clive Owen. I haven't forgiven him for that film The Croupier, but I started to relax my attitudes after I saw Closer, which is a great film that I caught at a rather poignant time in my life. But I like all that espionage malarky.
Patrick has become slightly obsessed with the Kidrobot figures now. Hahah!
I am feeling in a bit of a funk. Some friends of ours just had a 4D all singing all dancing scan for their new baby. I think I am a little bit jealous. I can't really explain it, so I don't know if it IS jealousy, but yeah, maybe a little something like that. Weird I know. It is the mothers first baby, but the fathers second. They are having a boy, and the first boy of our little friendship group, so we are all eager to see the little bugger who will have a lot of girls to play with when he pops out in a month or so. He'll even have his own nursery and not be sleeping in the same room as his parents. Fancy pants! Okay, that was jealousy just then. Meh. I dunno. I am kinda broody again but I don't really want to have a baby right now. Well I think I do actually, but I know its a totally retarded thing to happen for us right now, money is tight and we are currently living with Patrick's parents for one. Ho hum. I am a member of a private birth board on a Mumsy site and the majority of the women having there are working on their next one, if they aren't pregnant already! Even my Dad said I should just get it out of the way now.
If we did have more babies, we talked ages ago about names... Patrick would like Logan for a boy, because we are both comic geeks, but I am reluctant because that is the name of the airport at Boston, which I've used a million times. And really, it is the equivalent of me calling a son Heathrow if I still lived in London. So might need to think about that a bit first. For a girl, I think we'd most likely go with Lorelei, which was on my list from before and one of the few he didn't poo poo! I know though that whatever we'd do, there is no way we are going to have family names as middle names, after the stink we had with Addie's names. Don't get me started on that though.
I am going to make some cross stitch things this week. I have been thinking about it for a while, but have been inspired by the stuff for sale on Subversive Cross Stitch. But really, if you have half a brain, you could figure it out pretty easily and make it yourself without buying a kit and with some better saying.
Will be in a better mood tomorrow, sorry for harping on!
Anyone got any ideas for a cross stitch sampler and some sayings to do?
12/01 EDITED TO ADD:
So Patrick just read over my shoulder my blog, and was saying "I never said this and that and I was that bothered about the Logan thing" but I said it wasn't a big deal, it's just my journal. It really isn't that much of a big deal. I write about things that come to my mind that day and really aren't a a huge deal, but I think he felt misrepresented so now I feel like I should edit this. None of this is private per-say, I mean it is the internet, but sometimes I just want to rant and sound off and to not have to explain myself hahah.
Today we didn't do much, I napped with Addie this morning. I have been so tired recently and I really don't know why. And Patrick did some Ebaying, and then once we were all up, it was a quick change so we could go to lunch with our friends Adam and Kristina. Indian Palace lunch buffet which was lovely. Addie hammed it up and once done, we dropped her home to Nana, so we could go see Avatar. Well that was a no go, again, because this time it was mobbed. Everything was sold out still, so we didn't get a chance. Infact, pretty much everything was sold out, and even the car park was mobbed. So then we just went via Newbury Comics and looked at geekery, and then went back to Adam and Kristina's house to watch a DVD. We ended up watching El Beasto the Rob Zombie animated thing, that was TERRIBLE. Then we came home, and gave Addie her dinner.
So now we are home, Addie tucked up in bed, watching films. We started watching Das Boot, which is one of my favourites, but we stopped because it was the dubbed version and instead we started watching The International. Which isn't so bad so far. I don't really like Clive Owen. I haven't forgiven him for that film The Croupier, but I started to relax my attitudes after I saw Closer, which is a great film that I caught at a rather poignant time in my life. But I like all that espionage malarky.
Patrick has become slightly obsessed with the Kidrobot figures now. Hahah!
I am feeling in a bit of a funk. Some friends of ours just had a 4D all singing all dancing scan for their new baby. I think I am a little bit jealous. I can't really explain it, so I don't know if it IS jealousy, but yeah, maybe a little something like that. Weird I know. It is the mothers first baby, but the fathers second. They are having a boy, and the first boy of our little friendship group, so we are all eager to see the little bugger who will have a lot of girls to play with when he pops out in a month or so. He'll even have his own nursery and not be sleeping in the same room as his parents. Fancy pants! Okay, that was jealousy just then. Meh. I dunno. I am kinda broody again but I don't really want to have a baby right now. Well I think I do actually, but I know its a totally retarded thing to happen for us right now, money is tight and we are currently living with Patrick's parents for one. Ho hum. I am a member of a private birth board on a Mumsy site and the majority of the women having there are working on their next one, if they aren't pregnant already! Even my Dad said I should just get it out of the way now.
If we did have more babies, we talked ages ago about names... Patrick would like Logan for a boy, because we are both comic geeks, but I am reluctant because that is the name of the airport at Boston, which I've used a million times. And really, it is the equivalent of me calling a son Heathrow if I still lived in London. So might need to think about that a bit first. For a girl, I think we'd most likely go with Lorelei, which was on my list from before and one of the few he didn't poo poo! I know though that whatever we'd do, there is no way we are going to have family names as middle names, after the stink we had with Addie's names. Don't get me started on that though.
I am going to make some cross stitch things this week. I have been thinking about it for a while, but have been inspired by the stuff for sale on Subversive Cross Stitch. But really, if you have half a brain, you could figure it out pretty easily and make it yourself without buying a kit and with some better saying.
Will be in a better mood tomorrow, sorry for harping on!
Anyone got any ideas for a cross stitch sampler and some sayings to do?
12/01 EDITED TO ADD:
So Patrick just read over my shoulder my blog, and was saying "I never said this and that and I was that bothered about the Logan thing" but I said it wasn't a big deal, it's just my journal. It really isn't that much of a big deal. I write about things that come to my mind that day and really aren't a a huge deal, but I think he felt misrepresented so now I feel like I should edit this. None of this is private per-say, I mean it is the internet, but sometimes I just want to rant and sound off and to not have to explain myself hahah.








3 comments:
Go onnnnnn!
Have another one! I cant have one so I need to make people have more babies! And lorelei is such a cute name :) x
I want another baby. I'm desperate for a boy! Although I have two girls already and it seems likely that I would just keep on making the fairer sex. Ah well. Plus I think Graham would die if I was pregnant again... let's just say, I'm pretty intolerable in that state.
I love Kidrobot! I love that you both have secret nerdiness :) I wish you lived closer so we could have a Star Trek party! ha
First I want to say go check out http://www.sublimestitching.com if you haven't already done so.
I've got a 5 year gap between my two and to be honest, I'd say get it over and done with! Haha.
♥
Post a Comment