Saturday, 14 August 2010

Meteors and Friday the 13th

Well firstly I was super excited about seeing the Perseids but alas no it was raining in New Hampshire and as a result the clouds made it so we couldn't see much of anything. But I am not complaining because we sure needed the rain and it was nice to cool off outside.

Today, Friday the 13th, Patrick took off. Not because he is superstitious, but because we went out to Portsmouth and to Congress Street/Hobos Tattoo Shop for their Friday 13th Tattoo Bonaza thing that they do! They have a huge sheet of awesome tattoos available... for $31 each. Awesome. We got there reasonably early and they had already done a few because they started at 7am and were going until early that night. Afterwards they have a big after party. We didn't stay for that though as we had Addie. Patrick didn't feel very well, so I got two tattoos... yay for me! We got home and put Addie down for a late midday nap. Later Patrick went to the doctors, which was originally my appointment, but I swapped it out because he works all week and is a man thus meaning he would never find time otherwise had I not nagged. I am going next week though, and it isn't a big deal.

I have lost another 2½lb this week! I am not complaining, but I am not really trying, so this kinda ties into my doctors visit and my stupid ulcer that apparently won't quit. Granted, Patrick and I were a bit naughty and had junk for dinner, that we will both be regretting at 3am but there you go. But seeing as I am taking a stupid amount of medication every day, 4 months later, I would like to think that I could have some kind of life. I don't even want to sit around and eat caviar and pâté all day, whilst I drank barrels of port and red wine. I just want to have some food that I enjoy and has some flavour. It is balls to the wall hot here... maybe I could enjoy some ice cream like normal people without it setting fire to my insides. We'll see. I'm fed up of being able to eat little or nothing during the day and as much as I like Nutrigrain bars, they get a bit boring for breakfast blah blah blah. Boring. Boring meals. Nothing fun. Maybe I'll have an golden Oreo cookie or two and then a swig of Pepto Bismol. Don't get me wrong, but if I am taking 80mg of Omeprazole a day, I'd like to think that maybe, just maybe I could eat something that has real flavour. Wholewheat pasta with a tablespoon of Newman's own sauce gets a bit boring. YAWN. I want some cake. Yes I am on my period. And yes, I think that is a bit obvious.

Here are some new tattoo pictures (the frog had JUST been finished... it is almost in my knee pit)










































And this one is further down on the back of my leg just above my heel

1 comment:

Sam said...

haha that frog is awesome! :)

is that a teacup i spy too?x