Well today was a pretty epic day. Firstly I was granted a lie in! I went to bed at about 8pm last night, slept until 1am and didn't realise what time it was. I got up and went in to see Patrick who told me to go to bed again, which I did. Didn't go off to sleep until around 2am and then got another 8 hours sleep! Rad!
We had a bunch of things planned for today, some friends coming down, but they were late. Patrick got me some chocolate and a new pair of awesome NB sneakers, which I needed desperately!
But they finally got here in the afternoon, several hours after they were supposed to be here and the place I wanted to go to for food closed 45 minutes after they arrived. Bah. Well, in the end, we went out.
We parked the car and whilst it wasn't a totally secluded spot or anything, there were some shady people around! We saw some kids trying to harass this old couple! Patrick was super heroic (as were our friends with us) who went over to check on them.. turns out they were trying to snatch their bags or something. Crazy. I called the police and two of them legged it but one of them they grabbed ahold of and we waited whilst the police came and took them away. The old ladies were crying and saying thank you. Adelaide totally won them over and kept on trying to talk to the kid the guys 'caught' and we had to tell her not to and that he was a "bad guy " and so forth. Then she started shouting at him, that he was a naughty boy! Saying she was going to put him in TIMEOUT! Whoops. Think a career in law and order might be in the cards for that one.
That delayed plans for dinner a bit, but we got there in the end. We went to Border Cafe and had food. It totally messed up Patrick's stomach and we had to go to my work so he could use the bathroom!
Then we went for ice cream in the little weird shopping centre. It was a Ben and Jerry's place! I had the Stephen Colbert one, which was caramel sauce swirled on vanilla and with bits of waffle cone coned in chocolate. Then Addie did a stinking shite and the toilets were gross so I changed her on a bench and it was the worst poop ever. Urgh. I think she has an upset stomach and needs to not eat fruit for a while. Gross! MID DIAPER change, some nutty Italian kids came up to us, and asked us to take a picture of them... really?! I am covered in toddler poop. Are you sure? Thankfully, Patrick offered to do it for me. I swear I do not know how they got anything done in America because they made absolutely no sense. I only knew they wanted a picture taken, because they were waving a camera in my face. Before they left I THINK they asked for directions to the T. Which I gladly gave them, but I don't think they will have got there. I had to practically do a mime and a full body impression for "go downstairs". The poor bastards are probably wandering around Harvard University as I type this!
Anyhoo, we came home and I am now sickly full of food. Patrick is burping etc. A gassy bunch we are.
I go back to the dentist tomorrow. Sad face. Lots of dental work going on. Boo. My blood pressure at my hygienist appointment was 99/58. I have low blood pressure generally. I find this reassuring because people think I would have high blood pressure before I am so big and a little on the heavy size. Sometimes I am tired and a little dizzy getting up and down quickly, but nothing to worry about. Stupid dental work. It is far too expensive. Boo.
OH! Do you ever have one of those stupid songs in your head, stuck on loop (or in my case, just a part of it because you don't actually KNOW the majority of the song) and you can't forget about it?
Because I do! We were out earlier and we got to a stop sign, and Seth in the back pointed out that someone had written on it DON'T and BELIEVIN' either side of the STOP. Oh Harvard. You are so funny. So of course, for the 5 minutes after that, everyone burst into that song. But it didn't last long because we all faded out in the quiet bits and mumbled, laughed and then just all came back for a DON'T STOP! BELIEVINNNNNNN'! and then Addie joined in... and continued to do it all through dinner.
These shoes I am thinking about buying. DON'T JUDGE ME. My friend has some and they didn't look too bad and I have size 12 feet so finding shoes are really hard! I found a discount coupon for 25% off too.
Some parts of this entry are lies, some are true. See if you can figure out what was a lie and what was real.








1 comment:
I think the bit about the Crocs is a lie... You don't really like them.
Either that, or the bit about the poop camera!
I'm hoping that the bit with the bad guy being told to have Timeout is true, although, I feel sorry for the old ladies.
Post a Comment