Tuesday, 20 March 2012

And we're backkkkkkkk!

Hello all.  Or whoever reads this (apparently Russians, thank you Blogger for telling me this).  Almost a WHOLE MONTH has flown by.  The weather has been AMAZING the last couple of days.  We've slept with windows open and had the windows open in the car and even bought popsicles.  I am mid season change panic, where I feel three times the size I normally would, extra pale and sweaty and flustered if I stay in the sun too long, yet won't stop wearing my jeans and sweaters.  Every year it is the same thing.  Of course, right now it is made worse by my monthly lady visitor, and my sense of smell is much stronger than usual and my body temperature is 2 degrees higher than normal... so I am extra sweaty and bloaty.  With bigger boobs.

Since I last updated, Patrick and I are throwing around the idea of buying a house, because we can't physically fit any more babies or cats into this apartment until we move,  we went to see our buddies in Rochester NY, for their kiddo's birthday party and those sneaky sneaksters got married whilst everyone was out!  I actually suggested/foresaw this!  Am I psychic?  Maybe I know.  I think you think I am not. Am I psychic for thinking that?

The picture that had triggered off the conversation (most of which I cropped out) was this one:


And this is was the girls that weekend.  TALK ABOUT TIME FLYING!


It was a fun weekend!  Patrick and I cashed in our wedding present from Dylan whilst we were there, and Friday night we got our 'sweetheart' tattoos.  Han and Leia.  Why?  Because we're nerds so why not. Here is mine.  Patrick's was Han, obviously, and said "I KNOW"


CORALENE: I am pretty sure you are the only person I know who hasn't seen Star Wars, so this is the bit is comes from:


Wow, look at me go!  I've not been here a month and I'm all BOOM!  I got my period! BOOM! Pictures!  BOOM!  Screenshots!  BOOM!  YouTube video reference!  BOOM!

We also went to Deerfield last weekend to see our friends!  More fun times and the weather was super nice on Sunday just gone.  Lots of kiddy playing,  ridiculous early mornings.  OH THE EARLY MORNINGS. 

Still waiting on my 10 year greencard. Had my biometrics and the place in Boston smelled like a smelly school gym.  It was very busy so I was in and out, and because I got there early I blew through.  Yeah!!

Work is CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY busy.  But I really like it.  I just wish I could have a few calmer days to take stock of what I am trying to be doing.  Urgh.

Addie starts a preschool/kindergarten in two weeks!  Zhining took us giving notice really well...  she almost seemed relieved actually.  I expect Addie is hard work and we should have had her in a school setting sooner, she was ready a while ago.  BUT NOW I HAVE TO GET HER IMMUNIZATIONS REALLY UP TO DATE!  Shit, she hasn't been to the doctors since August 2010.  You know why?  because I am one of those parents that doesn't shit a brick whenever my kid gets a cold.  Sure I'll nurse her when she is sick, but why run to the doctor when you don't have to?  I also don't see the point in some of the immunizations they give nowadays like for chicken pox.  That varicella shot is a JOKE.  Whatever if you think I am full of shit.  I don't care, I'll parent my kid however I like thanks before you start trolling.  I have to wait and see what the preschool has on their list though I suppose but the doctors office today told me that she was only needing 2 to get up to date (Hep C and Hep B... which the latter I KNOW they don't do as routine in the UK).  I doubt that though, because she was BEHIND and not caught up when we went before...  she is bright, sassy, healthy and certainly not malnourished: still tall and built like a brick shit house.  So for all my faults, I must be doing something right.

It is m birthday on Sunday!  32!  Woo!  Then it is Patrick's on March 31st... also 32!  Those 6 days I am 'older' than him is the WORST.  He doesn't let it go.

Haven't had a hair cut since September 17th.  I look like a cross between Frodo from LOTR, early Justin Bieber and just an old fashioned dirty red neck with a mullet.  It would be fair to say I have really let myself go.

Until next time!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I always forget about my google reader and then I remember after months and I come and read your blog and it makes me smile. I love that picture of Addie, I can't believe she was that size the last time I saw her!!

They make preschoolers have hep shots over there? That's crazy. Pearl just had her preschool boosters for mmr and something else... err... I'm a terrible mother. But only like 3 things I think. Chickenpox shot, what waste of time if you ask me.

nova said...

Oh man, like zero Russians read my blog. I like your tattoos, such a freakin' cute idea.

Sam said...

Yay for looking at buying a house - so exciting! And mentioning more babies - even more exciting!x

Alex said...

thanks ladies!