Saturday, 10 September 2005

chilly sea



Its september the first, but its glorious outside. Autumn is well and truly here, the leaves are falling off the trees in the park, but the farmers are yeilding another crow of vegetables and the linseed oil flowers are coming out.

Josh and I went for a swim, normally I'm up late but I couldn't sleep as I had some stomach ache then I listened to the rain. I had some wierd dreams about filing and a police escort and some kids. But I got up early today and had a fry up and then went to the beach.

The air is so clean and crisp, the sun was on my back and made flickering ripples of light on the water. The sea was a bit nippy, as you'd expect for this time of year, but fantastic once I was in, past my cold thresehold! High tide at Green Island is really nice. It really transforms the beach, as equally does low tide,but with the moon landscape and rockpools for as far as the eye can see. The water was so clear and I kicked myself I didn't take the camera down. As we were leaving people were arriving to spend the day there, old ladies were going for their swims and we had an ice cream.

Pat and Ekika were on their way out. I was talking to her this morning, showing her some pictures of my mum and Simon when he was little and things like that. "Thats my daddy that is". Not bad for a three year old. Even better were the "thats your mummy that is" considering she's never met her. I did get some blank expressions when I showed her pictures of Simon and of me as kids, "this is before you were born, and this is before even me and Josh were born." She didn't like that so much. "I was in my mummies tummy then". I suppose technically in an unfertilised way you were Ekika, but for a three year old, not bad going. Shes bright that one.

No comments: