I can't work out if I like or hate my new placement. It is HR and I dunno if it's cos I am working for a Finance Co. instead of Trust OR if its cos I was seriously deluded about working in HR.
Okay, so here is the deal
AGAINST
* I would have thought a multimulti million place ("the Company") [haha see you can take the girl out of trust work but you can't...] would have had a nice office. NO.
It's so tatty!
* thats just me being snobby I guess, but tis so disorganised, I know papertrails can't be avoided sometimes but surely in HR its important to keep organised and TIDY. Jesus.
* The HR manager is WIERD. He's a really camp David Brent but married. GOD HELP THE WOMEN. He acts a bit gay a bit chauvanistic and just like a ucking office looser clown guy. I shudder when I hear him answer the phone, its fucking AWFUL. He does that sort of 'ooh im being funny! look at me' and 'Ohhh Clare, that rhymes with bear' and lame crap like that. Then he tried to be all mock stern funny. 'NEXT TIME GET IT RIGHT! Ooooh get me I'm a bitch. Also he is lazy.
The general structure of my department I can see is that the Head of Hr has her own office and talks on the phone all day and does Excel spreadsheets. She in turn comes out to ask the annoying manager man if he can do something; 'You can do [insert dull procedure here] can't you?' or 'Oh [his name] where are we doing [stupid lame management course, like one thats supposed to make your team like you, even thought youre a dumb arse cunt... with biscuits and tea after] and he sorta shrugs, jokes and then goes off for a meeting.
*My workload.
Don't get me wrong, I like working hard, but it seems the wholre process of my day to day is a mess. The manager makes me/the girl I am replacing do a lot. But saying that, it wouldn't be a lot if I had been trained at all properly and not by someone who flew over from Guernsey HR even though their proceures are different. Now I'm a day in doing things wrong in Jersey cos I was shown the Guernsey way. It's just frustrating for me as I want to really make a difference and get stuck in. I'm going to be there until the 31st of Oct and I want to help my department not to mention get things right for me NOW so I don't shoot myself in the foot later on and have to redo them at another point. Also I'm technically not there for 10 days in between while the original girl comes back at the end of Sept, and I really don't want her to think I am shit, and then have her give me even more shit as payback when I am there for October.
* The system is gay ad slow. Also, it's nice having it set up with all the templates I need, but the IT dude won't come up to fix my poxy envelope printer, so muggins her has to fiddle with Avery labels all day.
*Stupid desk clear policy. Everything needs to be locked up. It takes like 20 minutes to hide everything and lock all the draws and cubboards but if I start doing it early I look bad so I'm always late out.
*The tea vending machine is horrid.
* I really hate the HR manager who sits beside me.
FOR
* Its temporary. I keep telling myself this.
* The tea machine is free.
*Its like 11.44 an hour.
It's just really frustrating not being able to do my work properly as theres so much red tape that no one has explained. Even doing a simple letter to give to a women to agree her maternity leave. I have to go the file and get certain info, like comfirming her holiday days left and that being being off for 26 weeks means she doesnt accrue anymore.
1. The files are SO unorganised and unindexed so its like looking for a needle in a haystack if you don't know what the document looks like or where exactly the information you want is.
2. Whats the letter supposed to say. There isn't a template of this one. Everyones is different cos of their personal sitatuation and if they have a mortgage with the Company.
3. The girl in Guernsey isn't too sure as her system works better (and most likely much better by the look on her face) and the HR manager is all, well _____ normally does it and then isn't any help at all.
I am sick of having to ask a million times because nothing is explained properly. And then everything, even a PO, is different according to what it is and who it is for and the amount and blah blah blah. The HR dude gave me some notes. Yeah thats where they are, but I need 13 copies okay, but um, for who? And I am not supposed to question that some of them are stupid duplicates.
Urgh that filing system needs sorting out. I dunno how that other girl manages, I sorted out one cubboard and the guy was all great job, but now I can't find anything. UM, a filing system should be organised and neat and tidy. Otherwise its not a filing system dude. All I did was put them in a sensible order. You know your ABCs? Well there you are. Why don't you put the 'ATR yr2004' next to the 'ATR year 2005' folder? or would you rather have it on the floor again?
Urgh.
I just want to go and tidy it and satisfy my OCDness. I thought I was going to cry at work when I sat there knowing I had lots of work to do but wasn't able to do any of it or I had to wait until HR man got back as there was some wierdness that again he hadn't explained, so I tidied a cabinet. Mmmmmm cabinet.
Wednesday, 7 September 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment