Sunday, 25 September 2005

Someones dropped me in it alright

So last night, Pat drops it on me that while I was asleep after Maureens party, my dad called and she happened to mention about my tattoos.

Even though I told her he doesn't know. Although she claims to not know this. EVEN THOUGH THE WHOLE ISLAND KNOWS. I don't care that he knows, I mean, I think he knew before, its more the principal. I didn;t tell him as I know his opinion towards tattoos and I know that he doesn't appreciate it and we would row and I think by not telling him, I am respecting his wishes somehow as we'd only end up argueing and never seeing eye to eye. I mean, I knew this would happen, that he would find out. I was sort of just trying to make my life easier by not having to even talk about it to him. After all, it is none of his business and I am 25 and he now would most like respect my wishes. I doubt he'll even mention it to me to be honest. I'm sure he knows I have them now.

This is more about the principal of my AUNT telling him. Pretending that she didn't know. When I KNOW she did. Shes so fucking passive aggressive. If shes not centre of attention she'll cause a stink and act like it wasn't her fault.

I think this is more her sticking the knife into my dad more than anything.

I know that I have made certain choices with my life, and I have to stand by them and their implications. Understand this is not a blog entry where I am moaning and crying like a girl because I got caught out with an itty bitty tattoo.

I was hoping that when I talk to my dad about this, eventually, I would have a few more tattoos and I would be maybe a bit older and we could talk about it properly, so he could understand its not a simple fad and everything I have done ink wise is important to me. I know it would break his heart and really would disapoint him, even more so that I could tell Pat and I couldn't tell him. Maybe cos I am afraid of him, or that it really breaks my heart to have him think less of me.

Pat said that she mentioned it, he went what tattoos etc, and she didn't go into the full extend, just said on my arm... then sorta back tracked and told him that I wasn't on drugs and stuff. Which doesn't really help as he knows that about me anyways. I'm a good daughter in that respect, both me and Kitty are pretty much borderline edge cases and have been all our lives.

I'm just exhausted of ignoring her underminding me and still treating me like a child. If she wants a war or an arguement she's going the right way to get one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The reasons behind your aunt telling your dad aside, I hope that this won't affect your relationship with your dad in the way you think.
I can only go with how i would feel if Jo or Emma did something that i thought was bad...and ok, off hand i cant think of anything, but give them time and I'm sure they will put me in the same position as you have put your dad... It wouldn't make me think less of them, though i might be a little pissed that they didn't agree with me at first, but i would probably be hurt that they would have felt they had to hide it from me and thaat alone would mean that I would want some time to sort out my own feelings about it before i talked to them.
i hope he's ok and that it all turns out for the best, but I don't blame you for being pissed at your aunty.
she should have known better than to use you as ammunition against your dad.
hugs.
hazel xxx