Sunday, 2 October 2005

Siberie M’etait Contee

The end of another lovely relaxed weekend. While the wind blows outside, we're inside, in our bedroom, the cat next to me as I type and Joshua working away happily at the desk. It's nice to seem him content in his work. I think he's going to be really happy there. Today was nice. We had breakfast and then lounged about until the afternoon. We walked round the coast and then over Mount Bingham at the end of the bay and then looked at all the posh boats in the marinas. Lucky rich people. Some of the boats there cost over a milion pounds. I can't imagine being so rich that you buy a boat thats 1.2 million pounds that you only use a few times a year. We saw the Martime and Occupation Museum too. We might go, it looks cool inside. Round the newer harbours, they have funny little granite stones; one for each gale force, and then one for each phonetic alphabet.

We wandered though town, looking in the windows of shops and it was lovely. Coffee and cake in Bean Around the World, as normal and then we walked home. We talked of the wedding, and my drunken grump last night, which was basically just me being pissed and a little upset at the realisation that my mother will never see me married. We talked about Anthony giving me away. He called tonight and said that he'd go wherever we went to get married. What a dedicated man he is. Such a legend. I'm going to call my dad tomorrow at work.

Today I have eaten a lot. I'm slightly more conscious of what I am eating nowadays anways, and recently I have noticed that I am starting to eat more junk. But I'm not really so worried about this time, as 1. I think it is seasonal and 2. I couldn't give a fuck anymore. Not that I am letting myself go, just that I am done with stressing over things like that, which aren't that important. Once I can afford it, I'll go join some excercises classes or something. Or swim. But I am okay. Yeah I am unfit. But I'll get there, and I am more active than I was before that is for sure. Also I know I have a wonderful man who loves me regardless. Well, farts and all, you know? Not that I intend to get to 145 stone with my legs removed due to diabetes or anything, but you get my drift eh?

Right now I am listening to the new Manu Chao album (hence the title of this entry.) I love it. Well I say new, but its been out for ages. It's taken a while to grow on me. It is much more French than before, and its longer, and theres more instruments and random monologues and dialogue sections. Less latin American stuff in it. So chilled and lovely. I love it.

No comments: