Friday, 18 November 2005

Being right totally sucks

I KNEW I would not get that job. I just got a call from Carla who had some amazing feedback for me from the company. She said it was so positive and I came across so well and blah blah blah but they were devestated that they couldn't get a license for me, as I don't have five years residency. I knew that was coming. By the fact I heard back so quick and Carla's tone. I was waiting for the "...BUT..." and then it came. Well I was really upset as I thought that this time it had actually gone quite well, and they seemed cool with the fact that I didn't have five years, maybe they didn't realise that they couldn't get an additional license for me, who knows. Or maybe it was a massive excuse I don't know.

I have another interview next week for a similar role, at another company, doing the same thing, in town somewhere, and atleast I know that my interview technique is nailed and I come across well enough and that eventually I'll find something and they'll be able to accomodate me and yadda yadda yadda. And that I am still temping so it is not like I am out on my ear and me and Joshua have to live in the gutter.

Am I convincing anyone that I am not at all bothered by this? Yes? Good. Cos thats a bloody lie and I really really am. It is just getting silly now. Atleast now I am in the office on my own so I can have a good cry ho ho ho

No comments: