I had my interview. It seemed to go really well. Again. I said everything I thought I should and positively myself throughout, but not in your face and gave them honest answers. We had a chat, we got sidetrcked etc etc. Seemed to go very well etc. But after everything else I am not getting my hopes up. It seemed so nice and the people there was nice as well. The office was a good size, just right for me. Lots of FILING to do! (<3) For about half an hour before hand I was considering not going, which I know would have been dumb. The lady I am replacing comes back tomorrow and I remembered that I'm only a temp to them. Work was not as good today, as I was helping the only annoying women in the department. She doesn't react to stress well and was pretty stressed. At times I coulnd't even ask her for more work, even though they had a lot of work that needed doing. And I couldn't ask anyone else for stuff cos she needed me, but blah. Oh well. I still like it there, I jsut feel that if you're going to pay an agency a large fee for an excellent worker like myself, you should surely capitalise on it. But I did do lots of good things for them today as well. I thought it a bit mean for me having to work out all the wonderful perks and benefits that their precious fulltime permenant members of staff get. Rub my temping nose in it why don't you. 23-26 days holiday a year PLUS discretionary days, days for local holidays, Bank Holidays etc. The ability to sell days you don't want, buy more, trade them in for cool things, like computers and cameras and gym membership, dental and healthcare, discount insurance, travel insurance and room for the family too on all of it AND discounts on your holiday? Then people have the nerve to call and and complain that they don't get a day off because their kid is sick. No you get enough already. I don't care if "_______ Ltd" give staff members 5 days entitlement if their kids are off school. Although that would be nice for them.
But again, it is hard to get your hopes up about these things. I should know either way in a week or so. If I do get it, I'll have to go for a second interview with the MD. It's Trust work. I want it, I can do it standing on my head if needs be. it'll be so good for me.
Tomorrow I have lots to do. I am covering lunchs at work, while everyone goes out for a 'welcome back [name of the lady I am covering]. Atleast I can just sit and take messages and be on my own for a while. I think I'll have a late lunch then I'll go to Jersey Telecom and find out how to get our phone line and broadband working. I can't imagine I'll need a huge amount of documents to show them... Also I worked out that in my wages I have enough to give Pat her rent and the same amount to Joshua to put towards the new rent. Then next week he can have it all, for the new rent. I am expecting a checque for two hundred pounds and that can go to Joshua as well. Also I really really need to sort out my bloody UK tax. I'll do that tomorrow I think. I already have the docs in my bag, so hopefully tomorrow I can draft a letter and get that off.
Anyway, yeah I am alright today. Could be worse. Could be better. Need a bit of a pat on the back and a cuddle.
Thursday, 17 November 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment