Wednesday, 9 November 2005

Deja vu

Well I got a phone call this morning from Nicola and she told me that I didn't get the job. In actual fact, Excel sent over about 4 candidates for the role, and none of them got called back for a second interview and the position was filled internally and accepted verbally or something. So there is nothing Excel can do about it. Ah well. But Nicola did say that she got some great feedback from me so thats something. Of course it doesn't help the fact that I don't have a job, need a job and have just agreed to take a flat with Joshua. Atleast I have my temping and that's all good and I get paid weekly which helps when I do temp, but even sorry. What a worry. I know I shouldn't let it get me down, but it does. I'm going to go cry in the loos now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate it when companies do that.
I know sometimes they HAVE to advertise it outside, but when it then goes to someone internally it all seems such a waste.
I'm glad they gave you a good report though, and maybe if something else comes up they'll think of you....erm..i don't want to sound all 'adult' here, but maybe contacting them directly and asking them to keep you on file if a suitable vacancy comes up might be useful?
If they liked you , and you get back in touch when the trust thing happens it might improve your chances in the future.
*hugs*