I registered with the doctors yesterday. I totally forgot how things work here, having never needed one before. I don't really need one now, just I want to get a horrid mole thing removed that I feel really self conscious about.
Basically, all doctors here are PRIVATE. There are generally no practice nurses in the surgeries and each time you go to the doctors it costs upwards of £25 a time. If you need blood tests, smears etc, it obviously costs more. Perscriptions work out a little less than in the Uk but there is no such thing as free contraception. The pill, condoms etc, anything you would have gotten maybe for free doesn't apply here.
If you are off for more than 3 days in one period of sickness you have to go to the doctors and get a note, which obviously costs 25 quid for just the appointment. (Not many people tend to do that, 2 days minimum haha)
So yeah, don't get sick in Jersey. You can get help if you're old or poor, but their idea or poor means that no one here applies, because basically you have a job. But I find it funny that people who are gluten intolerant get a grant/help with buying gluten free food. Haha.
Thursday, 19 January 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment