Monday, 13 February 2006

High tide at First Tower

On the walk back from the pool it was quite easy to tell that the tide was up. I could hear it but I didn't quite realise HOW high until Joshua pointed out that further down the wall it was coming up and over. I love love love love it when it does that.

He is me trying to describe it.

russssshrussssshwusssssh [wave noise]

THEN

SLAP/SPLATTER at the same time.

Its so cool. Like opening a really big bottle of champagne, in a line with 100 other bottles next to them.

Water everywhere, up and over the wall. And it keeps coming until the tide turns. Amazing.

1 comment:

Sameranda said...

I like to drive along the coast road with my windscreen washers on full blast humming 'ride of the valkyries' when the tide comes over! Yeehaw.

Yes, evil phonecall, explained in the first paragraph or so of that blog, only it wasn't actually that evil, just a bit depressing.

Have a nice smoochy valentines whatever you're up to, I'm going to cook steak and chips and we're having some strawberry trifle as well tonight. mmmmm!