Tuesday, 14 March 2006

Blimey!

I just made a bank payment for over 19 million pounds. Jennie is stressing because that amount is actually short by about 1.2 million. We had to transfer balances from some other accounts, well not other accounts but accounts linked with this particular client. We have to do something like a Capital Dividend. I don't know what that is, all I know is that shareholders keep on calling in complaining that they haven't got their payments, but you know what? Screw them. If they don't sign the indeminities then they can quit moaning and take it up with each other. We are leagally bound to do things properly. Haha. Anyways, this payment. It took me like ten minutes to make sure I put the number in properly and didn't get it wrong or something. I have seen transfers for that amount before and I have seen bank accounts with more in, far more from when I worked at Standard Chartered ("Ohh this guy has like 57 million in his account... oh no its actually in USD. RUBBISH!" [getting a bit blazé about about it] it's fun looking at Middle Eastern royalty accounts!) but this is the first time I have had to do a transfer myself for something THAT big. How exciting. Well, back to work for me!

No comments: