Thursday, 30 March 2006

NY

New York is wierd. It was fine until I got to Newark, and then things started to unravel. I can't understand what anyone says. Mainly because I have turned into Hugh Grant. I am sure this place is really safe, but it doesn't feel it. Everyone is wierd 'background colour' types and I think they would be wearing cardboard belts if they could. I don't feel very safe at all and want to find someplace else to stay, but don't really know where to begin. I think maybe after a nights sleep I might be okay but I am so afraid someone might come in and stab me in my sleep.

On one hand I feel very empowered begin here, on the other I am shitting it.
I'm just tired I am sure. I've been up for ages so I should probably just to sleep and write off what is left of the day.

If anyone sees DOtty, please get her to email me ASAP!

3 comments:

Sameranda said...

You're probably just jet lagged, get a good nights sleep and things will be all bright and sparkly in the morning.
I felt a bit scared when I first got to NY too but I found that the people are really really helpful and friendly (albeit in a weird fake grin scary american stylee) and pretty harmless in general.
Have a marvellous wonderful time, eat lots of krispy kreme donuts and marvel at the selection of sugary treats in the supermarkets, you'll soon feel better.

Unknown said...

you've turned into hugh grant!!!!!
*eek*
I have no idea what the time lag is there, but things are always better when you've slept and can get a different perspective on things.
And your ears will tune quickly...its just like going to deepest darkest scotland, it takes a while to decipher the words.
You'll be fine.
*hugs*
xxx

Anonymous said...

you'll feel better after some sleep.

you can do it!

*smooch*