Do you ever see an advert, that winds you up so much that you really start to question buying that product again?
I am still annoyed just thinking about that stupid Aero Bubbles advert I saw last night. Okay, it's old, and I've seen it a million times but I finally hit breaking point. That stupid women's face and her voice "Whats dat?/I can feeel bubbels/Da bubbwels ar meltun!" Stupid stupid advert.
Also on the scale of annoying is any advert for stuff that contains so-called good bateria. I mean, COME ON. Who seriously has a conversation like this:
"Fancy a cup of tea?"
"No thanks, I'm really bloated... I FEEL AS BIG AS A HOUSE"
Most people say hello. I mean, even me with my irritable bowel, don't pull stupid faces and over accentuate (THAT MUCH) then try and steal them. AND Who steals yoghurts when visiting their friends?
Although, I do like totally randomly bad adverts that are so bad, they are quote worthy. That yoghurt one, just misses the mark. A good example from maybe a year or so ago, that magazine for girls, about horses, which was lots of pink stuff. "I LOVE HORSES! THEY"RE MY FRIENDS!" Went the jingle. Ho ho ho. Oh I laughed.
And, currently doing the rounds, what looks to be a girls Ginsters snack "FOR A TASTY HOT SNACK... MMMMMMMM HOT POCKETS!" Hot pockets, by Mandy or Maggi or something. No offence whoever you are but they look like vomit deep fried and then frozen. They look like the sort of thing you'd eat only if your life depended on it on you were pissed up in an Elf garage in the middle of the night, then spent the rest of the week cursing doing do because it burnt off 3 layers of tongue and the roof off your mouth.
Well what a strange entry. I blame my excessive listening to Andrew WK on my walk home from work.. incidently, its very hard not to dance when I have it on. The Andrew WK is basically a second generation Status Quo rock out with some Bangles "Walk like an Egyptian" ... well that is how I see it anyways, and maybe explains why I get odd looks when I dance at any time.
Excited cos I got my tattoo appointment booked for the 31st March at 1pm IN NEW YORK!
Even if I have a shit time and am miserable on my own, atleast I'll have a pretty scar to remember it by!
Thursday, 23 March 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Ooooh fuck me are you really getting a tattoo?
I have been really stoopid I think, I was trying to find your blog by linking through your comments on mine and it kept denying me access like you were suddenly a government conspiracy and I thought you had just gone away..... am v happy to find you were here all along.
So yeah, anyway I have just come back from the cinema after V for Vendetta... I tried really hard to like it but did you not find that the entire middle section was like a long episode of the Bill???
Also, NY don't bother travellers cheques just use the bank machines, I just used my Lloyds debit card and it worked OK. If I can be annoying and say one place you must must go is the big Toys R Us in times square.. trust me on this. Lots of interactive space age toys and a big ferris wheel inside the shop.
What are you planning for the bday this Sat??
*looks stern*
You WILL have a good time while you're there missy.
I know its scary doing things on your own, but take it from me [ and I used to be a complete wuss about things like that ] if you go for it, look like you know what your doing, take something to read when you are stuck with no-one to talk to for a while and do the stuff you've wanted to go and do, then you'll have a great time.
It IS different to going with someone, but that doesn't make it bad, and the sense of achievement is amazing.
One of the best holidays I've ever had was on my own.
I have faith in your ability to have fun.
Oh, and I hope your prezzie gets to you before you go.
xxx
Post a Comment