Friday, 31 March 2006

tattouch

Okay so my tattoo looks amazing. Also, before hand, I had a bbq meal at a Bodeansesque grill, called RUB. It was fucking ace. Also, they give you free water, and I sat out on the terrace watching people on the street go by. And the work men shout at each other. I love NY. I love the fact that I feel quite safe here, and can walk about and am sort of flattered that random bums try and chat me up, whereas in London I don't like it and take offence (I don't know why, because I guess its a compliment) but here, it is almost endearing. Maybe cos I don't know many people with an American accent. But saying that, I hailed a cab today and went got a lift home after my tattoo and the French AfroCaribbeanwhatver driver called "Blaise Harriot" was intent for taking me for dinner on Sunday. He even gave me his number. Soon as people realise you are on your own, they want to dine you. I'm not quite ready to go for dinner with a stranger, but the thought is certainly nice. Before my tattoo, I wandered round East Houstern and The Village before heading up Broadway, via my hostel as today was incredibly hot again. I have bought some Jolly Ranchers, Bazoka Joe, Oh Henrys, but I need to check out the other list of stuff I had to get for people like Roshni.

I was going to buy some new Chucks too, because my fucking green pair had died a death and thanks to my mamouth walk yesterday I can barely walk today (hence the cab.) David my tattooist is SOOOOO GOOOD and so nice. He gave me an awsome list of shops to check out, for shoes and sweets and things. Also, I paid with my CC which was handy. We were talking mainly about how I love Costco (damn the nearest one being in Brooklyn, mind you what am I going to do with a bulk amount of tin beans and croissants right now?) and UK tattoo people we knew. Also, I was a fuckin girl. But I can tell you now it fucking killed. I was ready to give up after the outline, but David would let me, and got out this special green gel which I think is most likely illegal in the UK and rubbed it on. OH MY GOD. That stuff is amazing. We all need it. I didn't think the fatty bits of my chest would hurt. The boney bits hurt less. Saying that, the fatty bits were hurting more because they were near my arm pits I suppose. Basically you all have to get inked by this man, he is quite, modest and a jolly good bloke. Also he won some awards at the Inksligers Ball in 2005. Hes well good, and didn't mind me talking crap and being me and all Englishy. I can't believe he didn't know what I meant when I said "a tramp in trainers". Sorry a bum in sneakers. It really isn't that complicated.

Well, despite being a little food piggy (but a lot of that is WholeFoods so its kinda good for me surely?) I am feeling super confident and independant. As much as I'd like to come here again with friends or Joshua, I am quite happy to do it on my own. its just nice wandering about on your own. I did that before to honest, but atleast here there is something to see and everything is new or different and unique and or confusing. I am kinda dreading going back to Jersey because we all know that I'm going to be on my own on that little dull island where everything is boring and samey and frankly, there aren't any black people to chat me up. Racist Channel Islands!

Also, to buy an iSight or not. They are 149 dollars here, but I can't remember how much sales tax is. SO does it work out any cheaper? Hmmm?! Coming from Jersey NY isn't fun. There is tax everywhere!!

Oh also Joshua I went to KATZ. Haha! I took a picture of the sign and everything to proove it. It was delicious. I think I might have gained a million stone but I have super walking calves again.

Oh NY tax is 8.6something percent. So, 149 divided by 1.656 (exchange rate) =+8.6%. I can't decide. I could get one at iQ at home for cheaper I think.

Wow, its nearly 6pm and I am not asleep. Crikey! (Also, said Americans mentioned keep saying to me Cor! Crikey! And I don't think I said it alot, but I sure as hell do now!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

See!, See!
Not that I didn't expect anything else no matter how scary you thought it was going to be.
:D
And i want to see pictures of your new tattoo.
I bet its gorgeous.
Carry on having fun sweetie.
xxx

Anonymous said...

Watch it Alex - you'll end up sounding like Dick Van Dyke!

Cor Blimey Maori-Poppin's!

:D