Thursday, 30 March 2006

Thanks Carl

Near Macy's I was looking at a map. I looked up to see I think to be a homeless guy, looking at my boobs. We got chatting, cos he asked if I was lost. His name was Carl. And he kept on asking to be my lover. "Can we be lovers?" No. Um. I'm married. "So?!" No thanks Carl,I um... I took a sacred vow! "Yeah, in England!" Then he made me read the New York Post to him. Well only a column that had wierd stories in it. Then he started talking to me about the Monarchy and how the Queen killed Diana. I tried to explain that not many people I knew gave a flying fuck about this, but then he went off on one about the royal family. So I made my exit.


I wandered well far today. I saw the Empire State Building, Moma, all the 'famous' shops, Grand Central Station, um, Washington Square, Rockafeller Building, Bryant Park and that library near it, and some other wierd American things.

Haven't shopped yet. I'm trying to figure out my size in America, and the whole added sales tax crap they seem to add on to stuff. I havent' seen much that I like to be honest. I spent two minutes in an H and M and thought it best to come back another day when I am not so tired.

It is soooo hot today. And I have been walking everywhere. It's been nice. Even being chatted up and catcalled by tramps and random people is funny. It is like they are so blaze about it. They could be in a conversation with someone then suddenly say something to me and then carry on their chat. Maybe they don't even know they are doing it.

Right. I am off.
xx

1 comment:

Sameranda said...

If you are in central park and see the Alice in Wonderland statue, that's where we got engaged. Funny, there was a tramp wandering around when that happened...