
Today, I hope you are all fucking proud of me (and can still sponser me via my paypal) because today I did the Race for Life!! (I don't know anyone at all here so I couldn't get any sponsers...)
We had a little group from wok, two of them ran it, and the rest walked, but me and Karen started at the back of the walkers, but we ended up doing the 5km finishing with the slow runners, at just under 50 minutes. There was some conjestion on the route at first, but we managed to get through it all. I got a little goodie bag and some water as well at the end, as well as my little medal. I'm really tired now cos I went to bed at half 2/quarter to three because I was trying to make my computer work. Still no luck, but now disc warrior says its 35% jumbled up... so I'm backing up my music now ready to maybe start again. Bah.
It was really scary on the route to see how many people had been affected by cancer, as we had the option to dedicate the race to someone and wear a little sign on our backs, I did mine just for my mum, but everyone had someone, or had put they were recovering, and quite a lot of people had several on there. I mean I can easily count 20 people I know closely who have had cancer, or died of it, so that government statistic of 1 in 3 can't be right anymore. It made me a bit upset if we are honest.
It's a lovely day and I might go for another walk after some lunch and or a nap. *Edited because I was told that what I wrote here someone didn't like it... but you know what it is my blog and I will write what I like. The more I try to occupy my time, the more I realise there isn't that much here.
I totally forgot to mention that Friday I went to France. Haha! I was so stressed about my computer. Then last night I went out with piglet mother Dom and Guy to Jennie's 50th. Well I stood out like a sore thumb there I can tell you.
But yes, race for life. It was good.
But not as good as Lost!! That Micheal! He's a deviant eh?!
And yes I know I look like a crack whore in that picture thank you. I've had very little sleep and got up at the arse crack of dawn to jog along the sea front in hot weather!








3 comments:
Wooo :D go you!
Thats absolutely brilliant.
But I can't get your link to work to sponsor you so if you wail me it I'll get to it straight away.
or mail it even.
:D :D
What? What? Is that Walt's son?? I have just last night watched the one with Claire having the freaky flashbacks which was as perplexing as ever. My theory at the moment is that they all have a really bad virus and are suffering from mass hallucinations.
Well done on the race for life, I did it last year and I was also amazed at how many folk took part as well.
I am eating chocolate cake as I write this and it is the gooeyist thing in the world ever.
Post a Comment