Friday, 8 September 2006

hello old friend!

Whooooooooooooooosh!!!!

Vroooooooooooooooooooooom!!!

I saw lots of cool planes and helicopters from my window and the balcony at work. My favourite was the big Chinook and then the Hunter jet thing that went up and up and span about and then on the way down let of flares and things (at the time everyone thought it was going to crash or something) and then there was the Red Arrows, who I missed, because I had to hold the fort here. But I have seen them before, so thats okay. I saw them out the window a bit too, so its not too bad.

Went to a lovely new dentist today, got a proper xray, with a machine that went round my head, and they told me that the other dentists were arseholes and that I very nearly got ripped off. There was no mention at all of the 2 teeny fillings that I supposedly needed, let alone the 4 they invoiced on the estimate. He said that I had good teeth and the only obvious thing was the big old cavity that I know about, but even so they are only charging me £60 to fix that. I paid £108 in total today, including the new check up and the xray, but even so I saved myself a fortune. Just comparing what I have had done already, and the filling up front at the new place, that 52 quid. To think I could have been stung for another 500 pounds on top of that. He said that they would have a chance to look over my xrays when I go in on Monday, but it should be okay. He said that the pain, wasn't anything obvious, so maybe in my head, but to my defence, sinus problems can cause tooth sensitivity. And since having my tonsils out, I do get sinus problems. But we will see.

I'm going to the gym tonight. Then I am cleaning my room because one of my bestest friends Tim is coming to stay for two nights. I like living here but I get lonely cos my friends live over 150 miles away, so when they come to see me, I make the most of it and appreciate it much more. Especially now I am on my own. I have two visitors in December too... the first is definately coming... some of you might know her from the evil evil pink site as India, but my friend Roshni is coming for a weekend and her flight only cost her 40 pounds. What a bargain. That is for a weekend early December, and then hopefully over Xmas, another young lady from the same aforementioned site, Jayne is hopefully spending the Christmas break with me! I can't wait. It'll be good because we are both far from our families but can make the most of it together. Decemer seems like a long time off, but we're already a week in September and I don't even remember August... I have two trips in October as well, and then exams in January. Wow.

I'm glad my life has picked up pace a bit. I still get a bit down sometimes, but don't we all. Miesha made me realise that I don't have enough confidence in myself, and anyone reading my journals will probably agree. I personally would say that I am strong willed and confident in certain aspects, but then in a really bad written contridiction, I am unsure of myself and doubt myself. I looked up unconfident in the thesaurus, and it came up with insecure. I wouldn't ever think that I am unsecure. I was in my last relationship, but I don't think I am generally. I've been with people and not been insecure. I would say I'm timid either. A friend at work made me take this test to see what kind of personality I had. Not for any reason in particular, I usually think these things are a bit batty, but she is into all that, but anyways, I got ENFP and when I took it just now to find the test haha ENFJ. My friend thought it very funny when it said "likely to have or want a tattoo."

I am going to try hard to get over to the UK before the end of the year, for friends food and some chopping if the bank allows it... if not to see my brother before his move to Japan. Plus I am sick of seeing my arm half finished looking crap and sketchy without anything solid to really clarify what this sleeve is supposed to be. Rest assured, it will be good, but without any colour as yet, which plays a big part of it, it doesn't really look that good.

No dress as yet, but I emailed the seller a second time asking for confirmation of the address they sent to and if they had any kind of reciept of postage... and they replied, again, with the same answer from the first one. "We sent the dress to you 25th August."

I think there is a lesson to be learnt here about buying things from people on Ebay who show no signs of being able to communicate to you clearly in English when you have not enough German under your belt. Heatherann did tell me to keep my hopes up, and that two weeks isn't that long really... and she's right. Afterall, I live on an island that isn't part of the EU.

This entry was brought to you by my incredibly empty working day. Sorry for the length. If you made it this far, you get a gold star for your badge.

No comments: