Thursday, 25 October 2007

Я люблю Русские!

Я люблю Русские!

(Yah loo-bloo roos-skee-yeh)
(I love Russian.)

Today things got a little harder when Elena was reminded that (generally but in my case:) English children aren't taught grammar at school. We've hit that point in lessons where I need to know how certain words end. And depending on who you are talking to I/he/she/neutral they/we/formal you and informal you (like French vous/tu)
I've hit that point where say for example... люблю [love/like - "loobloo"] is for example...
Я люблю - I love, like [ya loobloo]
Он/она любит - He, she likes/loves [onh/ana loobet]
они любрт - they like/love [onee loobert]


Arrrrrrrrrrrgh brain melt down.


I learnt some new letters today as well:
Х - sounds like CH sound, like in Bach or Loch
Ш - sounds like SH sound, like in shear or sharp
Ю - sounds like You sound. Literally YOU
З - sounds like Z sound in zebra. Not to be confused (hard not to) with Э [eh as in echo]

Right now my brain is on overload because I'm trying to read words and remember that some have letters that have a different pronounciation like P [in Russian is a Rr sound] next to П [which is a Russian P SOUND] ... for example, the Russian word for surpise. СЮРПРИЗ [sup-prees] Once you say it, knowing how to pronounce the letters,it makes sense, and sounds obviously.



Now I have to find something to eat. I'm starving. And brain tired. I hope I don't forget everything by Monday...

No comments: