Saturday, 29 December 2007

We Own the Night

A veritable cinematic treat!



Easily one of the best films I saw all year. I wasn't that bothered about seeing this film, but I went tonight, and was blown away.

First of all, the film had baddie Russians in it. Gotta have baddie Russians in it [/Strongbad]

I could watch Robert Duvall all day long. (I think its cos secretly I want him to be my dad... but he has such a presence on screen, and I am convinced in most of his films he just plays himself, but in a suitable costume etc.)

Wahlberg and Phoenix were both brilliant. Fuck it, even Eva Mendes was good.

Joaquin Phoenix really was brilliant. His presence on screen as he matures as an actor is astounding. I would actually go as far as to compare him to a young Brando.

10/10!

And.... 1980's New York! Hoopa!

No comments: