Sunday, 13 January 2008

The taste of sand

I just got back from seeing Charlie Wilson's War at the cinema. It was good. I found myself chuckling away during it at the politics in, and of course, using the power of hindsight.

Earlier on today, I got up very late indeed. I went for a long with with Chloë, which might not have been one of the smartest moves we made, because it was blowing a gale. Seriously blowing a gale. I came back and my hair was full of sand and it was stuck my lip balm. We weren't even on the beach, just walked the bay on the sea wall for a mile or so, and then turned round and came back. The quaint lights that go round the bay were swinging about and whistling and at some parts we walked rather briskly whilst making quirks about how they could break and take our heads off and how we'd forever be know as the two girls who got killed my coloured light bulbs. Soon as we got in, the heavens opened and it pissed down. I swear I very rarely talk about the weather here, but let it be known that I don't because its pretty much the same thing for 5 or so months: Gales and horizontal freezing rain. Someone spoke to me about San Francisco online going on about the rain there, like they were rubbing it in saying that I'd have a crap time. First off, I am seeing friends so who cares, but I'm an English girl that lives on an island in the Atlantic. If you think I not good with rain, then you are sorely mistaken. I actually like it, and if you think it'll stop me, you should have seen me in New York last April/March during the nor eastern thing. Did I pack for torrential rain? No. Did that stop me from wading my way round the Lower East Side in 20cm of water at times? Did it fuck. I love it. I really do. Who cares if you get wet? You get dry!

Anyway, I digress, Chloë and I had a lovely walk, in which I counselled her on her current dilemma of fancying Kyle, but getting so drunk last night at his party she did all but sleep with his best friend Josh. Whoops!

Anyways, I have just booked my flight for Iceland! Wooo! I am flying BA because they are having a good sale and it was a bargain, four flights (including my Jersey one) for £227! Awesome. I already mentioned before, but I am going to take part in the next Weird Girls event. Chloë is coming too, I am not sure how I feel about that, I had the chance to poopoo it, Kitty even asked me, but I thought if she wants to come and have fun, then she is welcome to apply, and Kitty did let me have the final say. I hope she doesn't give me reason to regret that decision. I think she would enjoy the experience but in the same vain, I don't want her to hijack the thing. I know she wouldn't purposely, but sometimes in my madness, I like to do things and have my own things from my Jersey friends. Which is silly because I seem to spend a lot of time goading them into joining me on the various adventures I have.

I can still taste sand. I'll go for a bath in a minute, once I am done watching (read:singing along with) The Phantom of the Opera on TV. It is my favourite musical ever ever ever ever. EVER. PERIOD.

Now I have to really save my money. If you talk to me online a lot (Patrick) then get used to talking to me some more cos my budget does not cover going out and travelling at the same time. I need to save money. Again. Seriously, if I stood still a while I'd pay off my credit card and overdraft, but where is the fun in that eh?

If you have a myspace, and haven't added the Weird Girls yet, then you should. They are awesome and can drink all you fuckers under the table!

www.myspace.com/theweirdgirls

No comments: