So my due date came and went. No baby! Infact, its all gone very quiet and is doing my nut in. Earlier in the week I thought maybe I'd be a lucky one.. having some stirrings in my loins, but alas, no. Cupcake has other ideas.
To make matters WORSE, the last week I feel like I have ballooned even more... even Patrick's beardy face could not hid the Home Alone style SHOCK when I flashed him the belly last night. She isn't getting any smaller. When I had that growth scan at 37 weeks they guestimated her weight at 7lb 6oz (allowing a lb either way) and that was 3 weeks ago. Nearly 4. I'm actually quite frightened now... he head isn't anymore than 2/5 engaged, so nearly there, but she is in a funny position so I don't think unless she moves she'll be able to get any more engaged and I won't go into labour at this rate and will need to be induced. Hopefully the stretch and sweep on Tuesday will trigger something, but if that doesn't work, I'll be gutted because a chemical induction means I can't use the pool.
I tried everything possible home remedywise that I could. Even things that made me feel a little retarded attempting or cost me money. Stupid hormones! Such an anticlimax. Why do they bother giving you an EDD when 80% of people go over that? Why don't they instead give you an estimated due window or something? I mean don't get me wrong, it is nice knowing I have a chilled out relaxed (and possibly ginger bearded) child growing inside of me, but she isn't getting any smaller. Patrick and I joke about him sending me an... ahem... 'sample' as the hormones in semen are known to kick start things... a little know fact though is that it is actually more effective if you RUB IT INTO YOUR BELLY. However we decided this to be a bad idea as I would probably get pregnant again just handling the envelope.
Lets do some scary maths:
Take a piece of strong or paper measuring 34.2cm. Put that into a circle roughly. (That was Cupcake's head circumference back 3 weeks ago at the growth scan.)
Take another piece of paper and make a circle measuring 10cm across.
Compare and contrast. Yeah. If you take the diameter 10cm dialation and times that by pi (3.14159 ='
') then you get 31.4cm (to get the circumference.) Thats a good 3cm difference. THEN... THREE WEEKS AGO!
Anything could have happened in the last 3 fucking weeks!!! I don't want a fucking crazy forceps delivery or anything like that. Do you know HOW much they have to cut you to get those fucking things in? The longer it takes for her to show up, the more worried I get about things not going so well in the labour and me not coping., or something terrible happening to her.
A few of you have asked if have received certain things from you, and I have not. Do not panic however, because the mail here works to the beat of its own drum. The problem is that if its coming from the States it has to clear customs upon hitting the UK at say, Heathrow, and then again coming into the Channel Islands. Also, on top of this, the airport runway is being resurfaced or something, so thats put a bit of a shitter on things, and we also don't have any deliveries from off the island on a Monday, unless is DHL'd. (Yeah don't ask). BUT apparently Cupcakes bed will be completed and assembled by Monday. (Otherwise yours truly is going to go flippin' mental). Saying that though, Amazon stuff would just be coming from the UK but again, thats a world unto itself. Speaking of packages, my friend Ria sent me a hamper of old skool sweets. YES a HAMPER. Seriously, it was awesome. There were some classics in there.
To make matters WORSE, the last week I feel like I have ballooned even more... even Patrick's beardy face could not hid the Home Alone style SHOCK when I flashed him the belly last night. She isn't getting any smaller. When I had that growth scan at 37 weeks they guestimated her weight at 7lb 6oz (allowing a lb either way) and that was 3 weeks ago. Nearly 4. I'm actually quite frightened now... he head isn't anymore than 2/5 engaged, so nearly there, but she is in a funny position so I don't think unless she moves she'll be able to get any more engaged and I won't go into labour at this rate and will need to be induced. Hopefully the stretch and sweep on Tuesday will trigger something, but if that doesn't work, I'll be gutted because a chemical induction means I can't use the pool.
I tried everything possible home remedywise that I could. Even things that made me feel a little retarded attempting or cost me money. Stupid hormones! Such an anticlimax. Why do they bother giving you an EDD when 80% of people go over that? Why don't they instead give you an estimated due window or something? I mean don't get me wrong, it is nice knowing I have a chilled out relaxed (and possibly ginger bearded) child growing inside of me, but she isn't getting any smaller. Patrick and I joke about him sending me an... ahem... 'sample' as the hormones in semen are known to kick start things... a little know fact though is that it is actually more effective if you RUB IT INTO YOUR BELLY. However we decided this to be a bad idea as I would probably get pregnant again just handling the envelope.
Lets do some scary maths:
Take a piece of strong or paper measuring 34.2cm. Put that into a circle roughly. (That was Cupcake's head circumference back 3 weeks ago at the growth scan.)
Take another piece of paper and make a circle measuring 10cm across.
Compare and contrast. Yeah. If you take the diameter 10cm dialation and times that by pi (3.14159 ='
Anything could have happened in the last 3 fucking weeks!!! I don't want a fucking crazy forceps delivery or anything like that. Do you know HOW much they have to cut you to get those fucking things in? The longer it takes for her to show up, the more worried I get about things not going so well in the labour and me not coping., or something terrible happening to her.
A few of you have asked if have received certain things from you, and I have not. Do not panic however, because the mail here works to the beat of its own drum. The problem is that if its coming from the States it has to clear customs upon hitting the UK at say, Heathrow, and then again coming into the Channel Islands. Also, on top of this, the airport runway is being resurfaced or something, so thats put a bit of a shitter on things, and we also don't have any deliveries from off the island on a Monday, unless is DHL'd. (Yeah don't ask). BUT apparently Cupcakes bed will be completed and assembled by Monday. (Otherwise yours truly is going to go flippin' mental). Saying that though, Amazon stuff would just be coming from the UK but again, thats a world unto itself. Speaking of packages, my friend Ria sent me a hamper of old skool sweets. YES a HAMPER. Seriously, it was awesome. There were some classics in there.

If I wasn't diabetic before, I will be! I also got some amazing presents from work... they gave me a really nice baby monitor, some more gift vouchers and some toys for Cupcake. They must have collected over £100. I was totally stunned. Not to mentioned embarrassed... I had to sorta give a little speech with everyone gathered round and although I like mouthing off and stuff and being the gobby centre of attention wise ass, I don't like unwanted attention... THEN my boss and I went for sit down fish and chips and the owner told about how his wife made him have the snip after their fourth baby. All in all a good day, considering I didn't sleep until quarter to 6am this morning because I was having a lovely night talking to Patrick. Not a bad end of week really.
I'm feeling very aimless and restless at the moment. Everyone keeps telling me I should make the most of it, but its hard. I LIKE keeping busy and working, its hard for me to stop and do nothing. I get very bored and end up moving furniture or spending money in town. Earlier on I watched Babe: Pig in the City and even though I have seen it before I had to stop watching it because I started crying. Now, those of you who don't know me will think its hormones... I do that sort of thing all the time, but it was a particularly unoffensive scene where the bulldog is going to drown in the river and Babe goes in to save him. Lucky Cindy came to rescue me and we went to Grand Marché to do some shopping.
It looks like my neighbour Megan might have found a flat... I am pleased for her, although it sounds very expensive she is looking forward to getting out of here. Erin her little baby is beautiful. She is a guzzler as well and has been filling out nicely since she was born 3 weeks ago.
Well aside from lack of Cupcake and suitable names for Cupcake (don't get me started... I might have to tell you all about the trials and tribulations we have had going through a ton of names ONCE we settle on one when she does appear.)








1 comment:
Alex you truly are AWESOME. Thanks for your dance contribution. One of my absolute faves for sure. I hope you baby turns up soon.
x
ali
Post a Comment