I'm officially on maternity leave. I'm a bit miffed but actually, I'm kinda glad because my attention span was pretty messed up. So from about 3.30pm today I was rushing around sending emails to people saying I was going to be out of the office until February, updating my timesheet, finishing work, writing holiday notes all whilst invalidating the Company's insurance whilst I was in the building. I'm glad I escaped the "leaving presentation and obligatory speech" routine as well!I had some extra last minute/emergency type scan things last week because Cupcake supposedly stopped growing about 3 weeks ago and they did all this random shit and I had to pee in about half a dozen bottles and take all sorts of tablets and was wired to a machine and stuff. Anywhoo, today they seemed a bit happier that she was okay and my placenta was working okay, although not content that "a women of my size and stature" was having a baby the size mine is at (at the moment) and promptly said I was to go home and rest and be lazy and let the long leggy fat headed beast fatten up a bit, so this is why I am on leave now. I feel very much in limbo. And weirdly, I have never been more tired than I am now!
I'm glad they aren't inducing me because inductions aren't fun. You basically end up in the deep end, with contractions 3 minutes apart when they do get them going and you have to dilate to catch up. Nice. I imagine it beginner swimmers being dropped out of a helicopter into an ocean during a storm or something.
Also, I've lost weight!! How does that happen?! Thats not right surely. I've done exceptionally well with the supposed pregnancy weight gain... but my trousers are ALL very loose all of a sudden!
Things are exciting for me at the moment. I keep thinking about the future and it makes me smile a lot. Christmas should be fun, I really hope Patrick makes it over in December. I have really missed him and I can't wait to see him again. I feel that recently we've been much closer and chatty of late, and it made me realise how good we were at making each other piss ourselves. I have missed that closeness the last few weeks thats for sure, and to have him in Europe would be amazing. I expect it will be strange for him at my Dad's... haha but I can see them getting on, Patrick being the charmer he is.
It is too warm and I am the size of a house, or rather I feel that big. I'd like some entertainment. I ran out of downloaded things to watch and even wrote some of my work holiday notes. Patrick got me addicted to True Blood!
I looked after Megan's baby, Erin, last. I was terrified. I think I still am a little bit of her. She smelt funny, kinda like bad milk. It made me feel a bit sick actually. Erin is a nice well behaved nonscreamer baby that doesn't cry and just makes funny noises instead. I ran Megan a bath so she could have a break (cos she hadn't showered in days) and Erin was left with me after a feed and wind. I had to pick her up after she looked like she was gonna blow, but I gave her some milk and then she dozed off on my lap. This left me one hand to type SOS messages to people on MSN, saying that I was left alone with someone elses 10 day old baby and that I was afraid that I'd break her and Megan would hate me for it, or worse, Megan's dad (the NZ armed robber!) would come get me. I'm sure I'll be different with my own, but well, if not, thats why the midwives teach you stuff in hospital. I'm still not worried about the actual birth, that doesn't bother me at all, not even all the horror stories people feel compelled to tell you, I'm just starting to realise the after parts. What if Cupcake is horrid, or we don't get on? I know its hard work, especially at first, but what if I am rubbish at being a Mum or she doesn't like me or something?
This weekend I had to run a load of errands, which I did, but ended up buying the wrong size tools I needed (yes tools, I am quite handy when it comes down to it) so back they go on Monday. Then Nola and I went for a wander and ended up sitting in the pub in the Royal Square taking the piss out of the French people who come over on their boats and trying to think of places that I could possibly move too.
I feel a bit sad these last few days. I hope its just lack of work boredom and restlessness. But Amy said that is how she felt when she went into labour, or rather just before! So you never know!
Also, I've lost weight!! How does that happen?! Thats not right surely. I've done exceptionally well with the supposed pregnancy weight gain... but my trousers are ALL very loose all of a sudden!
Things are exciting for me at the moment. I keep thinking about the future and it makes me smile a lot. Christmas should be fun, I really hope Patrick makes it over in December. I have really missed him and I can't wait to see him again. I feel that recently we've been much closer and chatty of late, and it made me realise how good we were at making each other piss ourselves. I have missed that closeness the last few weeks thats for sure, and to have him in Europe would be amazing. I expect it will be strange for him at my Dad's... haha but I can see them getting on, Patrick being the charmer he is.
It is too warm and I am the size of a house, or rather I feel that big. I'd like some entertainment. I ran out of downloaded things to watch and even wrote some of my work holiday notes. Patrick got me addicted to True Blood!
I looked after Megan's baby, Erin, last. I was terrified. I think I still am a little bit of her. She smelt funny, kinda like bad milk. It made me feel a bit sick actually. Erin is a nice well behaved nonscreamer baby that doesn't cry and just makes funny noises instead. I ran Megan a bath so she could have a break (cos she hadn't showered in days) and Erin was left with me after a feed and wind. I had to pick her up after she looked like she was gonna blow, but I gave her some milk and then she dozed off on my lap. This left me one hand to type SOS messages to people on MSN, saying that I was left alone with someone elses 10 day old baby and that I was afraid that I'd break her and Megan would hate me for it, or worse, Megan's dad (the NZ armed robber!) would come get me. I'm sure I'll be different with my own, but well, if not, thats why the midwives teach you stuff in hospital. I'm still not worried about the actual birth, that doesn't bother me at all, not even all the horror stories people feel compelled to tell you, I'm just starting to realise the after parts. What if Cupcake is horrid, or we don't get on? I know its hard work, especially at first, but what if I am rubbish at being a Mum or she doesn't like me or something?
This weekend I had to run a load of errands, which I did, but ended up buying the wrong size tools I needed (yes tools, I am quite handy when it comes down to it) so back they go on Monday. Then Nola and I went for a wander and ended up sitting in the pub in the Royal Square taking the piss out of the French people who come over on their boats and trying to think of places that I could possibly move too.
I feel a bit sad these last few days. I hope its just lack of work boredom and restlessness. But Amy said that is how she felt when she went into labour, or rather just before! So you never know!








No comments:
Post a Comment