A barbeque. I went to one on Friday. Om nom nom nom. I am so glad this week is done!
I have 15 working days left of work. Yay! Although that means I'll be having a baby pretty soon. Hmmm. Still not sunk in yet, but I expect it will at some point.
All going well. My super blood pressure is even lower than usual, but aside from all that, I am still the model pregnant women, its easy peasy so far. Hahaha yes yes I know the labour will be very different, but I am enjoying it all so far. My boss and her husband, who are good friends to me, kindly spent about £170 on a brand new cot and mattress for me, it was really overwhelming... I had to go and chose one with her. I feel so lucky to have some good friends, and this baby has made me realise who I can rely on that is for sure. All I need now is a definite birth partner... rather than basically a weekly planner with a few slots filled by said friends. They all said that I should call them regardless but I don't feel comfortable calling them at possibly the middle of the night or knowing that they have taken the day off work for me, so we'll see. I don't like to think of people worrying about it, its nice, but I feel like a burden and I knew that it would be the situation when I went into labour.
Yesterday Nola and I wandered round town, originally wanting to check out a film as part of the Branchage festival, namely Female Agents but the people at the Forum were pretty unhelpful, and those arty twats organising it all were really rude once we asked if there were any tickets free, saying they'd go to check then ignoring us for ages talking to their other elitist fashionista twat mates. So instead we went for coffee and drinks and used a bunch of toilets in town (it's nice having a friend that understands my need to pee all the time!) and then we checked out the Branchage Spiegeltent. Now, I got elitist rage and had to leave shortly afterwards. I don't know what it is about Jersey that makes me hate almost everyone, but yeah we didn't stay long. Nola and I then decided to take a wander round Fort Regent. We went round the ramparts and got swiftly lost looking at the ruins of a once thriving tourist complex haha. We saw some nice views and chewed the fat a while and bumped into some old people who were also lost trying to find a way out down to the road haha!
Then we had pizza which lead to me feeling a little rough today, but it was ace at the time. It's really scary and rather embarrassing that all the staff of Pizza Express know me really well. I had planned to swim today, but frankly I am feeling really rough and uncomfortable. The list of things that I can't do now seems to be growing, and now including bending, vacuuming, leaning and slouching. It's so strange that this has all caught up with me so late. I can't believe I am 36 and a bit weeks pregnant. I hope to go to the cinema later to see The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas but it depends on if I can muster the energy to drag my ass all the way to the waterfront and back (looking unlikely as I am feeling very woozy today) if I can't get a lift.
But sometimes we need a chill out day don't we?
I have 15 working days left of work. Yay! Although that means I'll be having a baby pretty soon. Hmmm. Still not sunk in yet, but I expect it will at some point.
All going well. My super blood pressure is even lower than usual, but aside from all that, I am still the model pregnant women, its easy peasy so far. Hahaha yes yes I know the labour will be very different, but I am enjoying it all so far. My boss and her husband, who are good friends to me, kindly spent about £170 on a brand new cot and mattress for me, it was really overwhelming... I had to go and chose one with her. I feel so lucky to have some good friends, and this baby has made me realise who I can rely on that is for sure. All I need now is a definite birth partner... rather than basically a weekly planner with a few slots filled by said friends. They all said that I should call them regardless but I don't feel comfortable calling them at possibly the middle of the night or knowing that they have taken the day off work for me, so we'll see. I don't like to think of people worrying about it, its nice, but I feel like a burden and I knew that it would be the situation when I went into labour.
Yesterday Nola and I wandered round town, originally wanting to check out a film as part of the Branchage festival, namely Female Agents but the people at the Forum were pretty unhelpful, and those arty twats organising it all were really rude once we asked if there were any tickets free, saying they'd go to check then ignoring us for ages talking to their other elitist fashionista twat mates. So instead we went for coffee and drinks and used a bunch of toilets in town (it's nice having a friend that understands my need to pee all the time!) and then we checked out the Branchage Spiegeltent. Now, I got elitist rage and had to leave shortly afterwards. I don't know what it is about Jersey that makes me hate almost everyone, but yeah we didn't stay long. Nola and I then decided to take a wander round Fort Regent. We went round the ramparts and got swiftly lost looking at the ruins of a once thriving tourist complex haha. We saw some nice views and chewed the fat a while and bumped into some old people who were also lost trying to find a way out down to the road haha!
Then we had pizza which lead to me feeling a little rough today, but it was ace at the time. It's really scary and rather embarrassing that all the staff of Pizza Express know me really well. I had planned to swim today, but frankly I am feeling really rough and uncomfortable. The list of things that I can't do now seems to be growing, and now including bending, vacuuming, leaning and slouching. It's so strange that this has all caught up with me so late. I can't believe I am 36 and a bit weeks pregnant. I hope to go to the cinema later to see The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas but it depends on if I can muster the energy to drag my ass all the way to the waterfront and back (looking unlikely as I am feeling very woozy today) if I can't get a lift.
But sometimes we need a chill out day don't we?








No comments:
Post a Comment