Saturday, 13 September 2008

Sleepy me today

Yes I was very sleepy. Yours truly took an afternoon nap.

Well I am now 8 months pregnant. It's starting to sink in a bit now, as Cupcake gets less room to move meaning I get more elbows and such like in the lungs and other organs that I need intact thanks little miss!

My once diet has gone out of the window completely and now I just want to eat junk. I blame her! I just went out for MacDonalds chicken nuggets. Earlier on I had 2 cream scones from M and S. Shocking.

My ankle is really sore from last Sunday where yours truly went arse over tit in town and had to get picked up by some men. It was pretty swollen. It's less fluidy now, but still overly lumpy and sore. I'm wearing a support but that hurts. If it still hurts in a few days I'll get it looked at.

The midwife that I have been seeing recently (I see a few, because I have midwife led care which I opted for rather than going to the doctors each time because I figured they'd be the ones that I'd need on my side on the day) is very excited about my impending birth. She said I was a perfect specimen physically and couldn't wait to see how I handled it all. She practically fell off her chair when I said outright that although I had an open mind to pain relief I wanted to go for it au natural. I'm going for the hot bath and 2 paracetamol option early on while I am still at home, and then when I go in I'm going to keep upright as long as poss and walk and jiggle about and get in the birthing pool if it is free. I do have to see the consultant next week as I have heard things about epidurals and them not working with people who have had the same operation and medical history I have.. therefore, I would rather know in advance of my options, especially considering that if I needed an emergency cesarean section they would normally go through the epidural line... so you can see my point.

Not much else to report, work okay, my dad is coming around to the baby it seems, he has even given her a nickname or two, rather than referring to her as an it! Big step there! He keeps saying he is looking forward to seeing us as well. Today, he asked if I wanted to cover over before the baby is born. I had to remind him that she's due next month and its highly unlikely I'd be allowed to fly, let alone given a doctors note to do so, but I promised him I'd check and let him know haha.

It was the last night of the proms tonight. When I was growing up, this was a sign of the end of the summer, but really, like so many of the last summers, we never really had one to end. When I lived in Hertfordshire I remember it being so balmy and warm when it was on. The song Jerusalem always reminds me of my mum. My dad said she used to sing it, but she couldn't sing at all. Apparently next year Cupcake and I are going to Cuba with a fellow we know called Shawn. Well she doesn't know him. That should be interesting. Whether it actually comes about we'll see. Well I should go run a bath now I think. Here is a picture of my hair at the moment:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your dad is coming round!

Good luck with grabbing the pool - my buddy Rob's wife gave birth to their second daughter at home using one and it sounds like a pretty rad experience. You can read about it here if you're interested: http://robotperson.com/archives/2008/01/14/birth-story/