Friday, 14 November 2008

Argh it never ends!

Okay. Anyone thinking about having a baby needs to learn the following. Even if you realise these points are obvious, I don't think any of you grasp the actual physical implications or the relentlessness of it day to day...
  1. You will never have a bath in peace ever again
  2. Going out of the house is a military operation and requires forward planning and thought...
  3. ... and if you do make it out of the house it will be most likely be 8 hours after when you planned to go
  4. and requires you to take a whole bunch of shit with you
  5. even though you'll end up only being out for an hour or so you'll panic about what to do when they wake up, although realistically they will sleep the entire time you push the pram/stroller.
  6. Going to the toilet when you want will never happen until your baby goes to sleep. And even then, if they do, you'll frantically scramble off the loo as soon as you hear a murmur from the bedroom (but it won't even be the baby, it'll be some other random sound)
  7. Meal times as you knew them do not exist
  8. Sleeping is cheating
Saying all of that, I wouldn't change her for the world. Haha. It'd surely be easier with two people... that isn't why I am looking forward to seeing Patrick, I can't wait to see him with her, Skype isn't really cutting it at the moment. I had a lovely chat with his mum the other night. It'll be nice to talk to her and his family in person come the new year, although that sounds ages away.

I hope Patrick has a nice time at my dads at Christmas... we don't do decorations or anything like that, I know his family usually make a big deal of the festive times... so I hope it isn't ruined for him, the first one away from his folks... but I guess he'll be with Addie so that'll soften any disappointment with my barmy family!! haha!

No comments: