Monday, 15 December 2008

At Casa del Papa

At my dads now!

Well today has been a long day. After running some errands and some last minute packing, I can confirm that we made it to my dads in one piece, although over our baggage allowance and thus being charged £14 for 2 extra kilograms... and the airline didn't let me play the "I'm travelling alone with a baby!" card. other than that, everyone was pretty rad. Addie slept the ENTIRE way. She stirred just after I bought a huge bottle of duty free whisky for a bottle but didn't finish it. Didn't bat an eyelid when the plane took off or landed and just slept on my lap like the Queen of Sheba getting all hot and sweaty. I had my carry on, a changing bag and her in a car seat. I thought they would not let me take the car seat through so I also had the sling. That and my duty free whisky, I was pretty laden down. I was allowed on the plane first and luckily had an aisle to myself. I took my time getting off, took Addie to the loo and changed her and too a wee myself (we landed at 5pm and I kid you not I had not pee'd all day and was close to kidney failure I was that desperate). And my Dad was waiting for us! We put her in the car and she moaned for a second and then fell asleep as soon as my Dad started playing Eric Clapton blues as we drove off.

He made lasagne and Sue came round, and I did my best to get Addie into her routine (bed, bath, and me winding her down until she falls asleep) even though we were a few hours out and she had slept a lot today. She FINALLY went to sleep at about 10pm, after much much much pissing about and crying, due to wind (as usual) and being totally over stimulated and disorientated. She did have a chat with my Dad though when we got in, that was cute.

I had a little basic tidy up of the house, put a wash on and will commence phase two of the clean up tomorrow. My stuff from Boots.com is coming tomorrow so when the pram/stroller arrives, we can go for a walk to buy some food we like from the Budgens down the road and buy a lottery ticket! I will also clear out the fridge because my OCD gets into old habits at my Dad's house haha.

Tomorrow is the draw for the Jersey Christmas Lottery.... Megan and I bought a load of tickets and she will let me know if we win anything. We literally have like over 100 tickets because they did a deal, and it was fun. I don't usually gamble but thought why not it's Christmas. And these tickets have a scratch card on one half and the draw ticket on the other half. We won half of our initial outlay on the scratch ticket side so that wasn't so bad.

Before I left we had a house meeting and Causeway gave Addie and me a Christmas present and also Nola and Mel gave us £50. I felt like a right old shit for that because they are equally as poor as we are, but they do love Addie so I shall buy her something nice and put it towards my coat, if I ever get one. My Dad showed me the present he got me earlier today, because its going to come in useful! He bought me a snazzy digital camcorder, which I thought was an awesome idea. I think he will love the phoney degree I bought him, he loves all that sorta silly stuff.

His house, although new, has really creaky floors. He said he was going to bed but I just totally caught him going to sneak a peak at Adelaide sleeping (on the floor before the cot arrives tomorrow) hahah!

I miss Patrick. Not long now!!!!

No comments: