I am never sure where exactly I am to reply to you... do I do it in the blog you commented on? Because it won't let me email you etc to reply, and I am wary of putting on the last blog in case you don't see it! I'm in the Uk from the 8th August and will be until the 3rd September, but I can't really go into the long term plans and aims here on my blog because it is private (for lurkers anyways, it is more a face to face explaination) and it is subject to change and is mucho hard to explain here.
Yes this weather is rotten. It is bad enough with my washing loads... Adelaide is atleast a 2 clothing change a day baby (messy eating and drool mostly but with the constant teething comes John Spencer Bum Explosion) not to mention the pjs and bedsheets and muslins, but with this weather she'll start in an aumtumn style outfit complete with tank top, and then fish in a onesie, or visa versa. Note the lack of/no mention of shoes and socks. What a bloody waste they are. Addie is skilled at footwear sabotage. The only ones I can get on her are the leopard print booties I was second hand gifted... and alas she is now fastly growing out of them. Her favourite skilled move is to somehow make her foot mutate into a weird shape that makes putting on a show like shoving a rectangle into a smaller isosceles triangle.
In other news I have sold my old Jané buggy, which was second hand gifted to me, and my Chicco baby walker I think is going tomorrow. Natalie in my house is buying my baby monitor from me and I then need to list my Lindam door bouncer and baby bath and the big stuff is all gone. Phew. I got a big box from Ria at work today as well, and I mean it is big.
Next week I am at Highlands Business School doing my last ever exam! I should really concentrate because I do not want to fail it. I probably will, but oh well. We'll see. It is in investment stuff. I probably shan't ever use the skill sets again, but you never know.
My dad told Halifax bank to get stuffed today. Upon trying to renew his travel insurance (worldwide no winter sports) they told him he was too old! He is 66 but they were so shitty about it, he told them to eff off and promptly closed his accounts and credit cards and moved his money elsewhere. And he isn't short of a few bob either, so I guess it is easier doing that if you are him, but I was rather proud of him for his actions. he actually found really good coverage elsewhere, for much less money, so fuck you Howard and Halifax building society.
Not much else to report. Addie does this strange Catherine Tate (in the nan skits) laugh thing, it basically just sounds like an AKH AKH AKH AKH! She usually does it when she is either rahter proud of herself or when she is up to mischief. Speaking of which, my wonderful daughter who this morning I could could have lobbed out the window. Seriously, that baby, it is impossible to put a nappy on her. I have tried everything and I am about ready to let her shit everywhere and give up. Well maybe not shit everywhere cos she did that once on the sly already and it was a horrid thing to have to clear up. But she wriggles and flips over, and now undoes the first side whilst I am doing the other one, if she isn't twisting over and up like an annoying old phone cord. I had to put some E45 nappy cream on her nappy rash (damn you teething!!!) and I had to swipe her stealth like because she wouldn't lie down for more than a second, and I couldn't hold her and do it... and then she crawled up and over me, dragging zinc like white paste all over my black work trousers and sleeve. I feel bad because I can feel my temper rising. I think I am due on because earlier this week she pulled my hair so hard I actually had to stop myself because my first instinct was to smack her one. I didn't and wouldn't ever hurt her, and I instantly felt guilty. But enough of that. I don't know whether to try pull up style nappies, they might be easier but I heard they can hinder potty training when the time comes. Thoughts?
Thursday, 23 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment