So my first week at my dad's is over. I have had some visitors and done some cleaning and basically learnt that being a stay at home mum, for me anyway, means dancing the line between absolute boredom and exhaustion. I already did the exhaustion, but I'm so bored by the same old same old, only now I feel myself becoming slowly institutionalised as I lose track of what day it is and my business vocabulary and brain capacity wanes.
Also it is much hotter at my Dad's as we are nowhere near the coast and not a tiny island basically. It's so humid and hot I can't function. I decided to get Addie out of the house for a little bit today as we were both climbing the walls, yet as soon as we had gotten to the park I got attacked by a load of wasps. I know I shouldn't react as I don't want Addie to grow up fearful of them and end up making things worse for her around them nor do I want her to get stung (I'm actually worried about what I'd do if she did to be honest) but seriously, the wasps this year are really aggressive. They were bad at home, but the ones around my Dad's house are insane. They are everywhere, made so much worse by a baby that makes a huge sticky mess when she eats.
Ria came over today to keep me company as I basically did all my Dad's washing before he comes home from Cyprus tomorrow.
I should go to bed but I'm willing the energy to do my Dad's ironing before he goes back to work on Tuesday. There is no way I'll be able to do it tomorrow around Addie and he'll be really annoyed if I haven't got it done I don't think. Instead I spent $200 on the Sailor Jerry website (only $120 for me thankfully) and out boredom and fedupness. I should be saving my money. I have so much grown up stuff to do and things to pay off but yet here I am, being wasteful. Ooops.
Jesus it is so hot in this house/part of the UK! Our house growing up was so old and energy inefficient... this one is the complete opposite! The heat isn't going anywhere that is for sure.
Addie has a new 'thing'... she keeps doing this pouty face and going "oooooooooooooooooooh" haha its so funny.
My brother came up on Friday and went today. I know I am not exactly the greatest or most selfless individual, but he really winds me up sometimes. I've been up for hours, doing loads and looking after Addie. I ask him to do a few things, and he doesn't ever do them without constant chasing and then he half arses them so I have to do them again or he still doesn't do them. Yesterday we went to the shop and I was still exhausted and bought a 2 litre bottle of coke for caffiene sake, and when we got in he asked if he could have some. I said yes of course. Then with my dinner I went to get a glass and he had drank the whole bottle, without me having had any. I don't mind him having some, but seriously, leave me a glass perhaps?? In the shop when I picked it up he said "what about this... 7up is only a pound" and I said no I wanted the caffiene but if he wanted it, to grab it, I didn't mind. He said no. So I went mad at him for drinking the only caffiene drink in the house because I was exhausted... and then fell asleep for 2 hours (with Addie) whilst he went to the shop to replace it. He came back with 7up! The very drink I offered to buy him and is actually caffiene free. And then over the course of yesterday and today preceeded to drink it all bar 2 glasses. Then when he left I had to remind him (for the 100th time) to take this bag of trash out to the bin. I know this sounds petty but he started doing it this afternoon and then just left the rubbish on the floor in the garden. Then I had to remind him a ton of times, at which point the rubbish was attracting wasps (see above! Grrr!) and flies. So he gathers it up, barely, into a black bag but leaves it in the middle of the patio, with the door open, so the wasps get disturbed and fly into the house!!! Hours later, it is still there. Okay so I could have gone out and moved it, but 1. I had Addie and 2. he should have done this the first time HOURS AGO. Grrrrr.
Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment to get that coat hanger taken out of my vagina. I might get them to test my iron levels as I have felt shit tired forever.
Monday, 17 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment