So the dust has settled down from our visit to our friends in NY, and as usual Adelaide comes on leaps and bounds. She finally claps! She was obviously studying Willa and copied some of her moves. Her talking is all of a sudden much better too:
Today she actually said "HI DADDY" on the phone talking to Patrick. None of us could believe it and Patrick and I did a little proud parent cry. It wasn't even like a half arsed thing, it was in a baby and sort of phone indoor voice. Super cute. She said it once after that after Patrick, Rusty and I reacted, but probably now it'll just be a phone thing. Please note, I get no improved mention on what is a half arsed "MA-MA"... no mommy, ma, mother, mum, mummy.... you get the idea.
She also said "BA-BY" a bunch of times during her dinner with me and Sam and Shannon. She said baby once before Sam said at Charmingfarm, but since then, nothing. We are trying to get her to say "brains..." and she isn't that far off that.
She is good at "RED", but tonight in places she was getting the two mixed up and it became "BWRED" which was funny.
She has been babbling up a storm this last day or so. She was so glad to be home and this morning in her cot she was so pleased to be back to normal routine.
Ahhhhhhhh they grow up so quick. I can't deny or hide the fact that I am totally ready to have more kids right now if I could, but I have to let Patrick's dose of realism reign supreme because it would be a terrible idea as we are still living with his parents, (but thankfully not under their feet all the time) and I can't work yet until the visa stuff is sorted and then we are totally broke, which is the biggest doozy along with the fact WE ARE LIVING WITH HIS PARENTS (although I don't mean I am ungrateful for that.. god no). God knows when we'll be in a position to actually go, yeah, you know what? Let's have another kid but I am adamant I don't want to leave it too late because of my Mum dying when I was young and I am worried that after a certain age my chances will have gone (which happens a lot nowadays despite the fact that a lot of women have kids later in years) but Patrick and his sister are 8 years apart so I think he thinks that that kind of age gap is acceptable between kids. It is weird to think if we wanted a 2 year age gap (like my brother and I) we'd need to be getting to it late January/early February... coming. Scary. I think I have been broody for a while really and now I hear talk that our friends that have kids Addie's age are talking about trying for another one/getting ready and planning ahead for more kids (be it cars or houses etc) it makes me want it a little bit more. Ho hum. Patience is a virtue and all that.
Today she actually said "HI DADDY" on the phone talking to Patrick. None of us could believe it and Patrick and I did a little proud parent cry. It wasn't even like a half arsed thing, it was in a baby and sort of phone indoor voice. Super cute. She said it once after that after Patrick, Rusty and I reacted, but probably now it'll just be a phone thing. Please note, I get no improved mention on what is a half arsed "MA-MA"... no mommy, ma, mother, mum, mummy.... you get the idea.
She also said "BA-BY" a bunch of times during her dinner with me and Sam and Shannon. She said baby once before Sam said at Charmingfarm, but since then, nothing. We are trying to get her to say "brains..." and she isn't that far off that.
She is good at "RED", but tonight in places she was getting the two mixed up and it became "BWRED" which was funny.
She has been babbling up a storm this last day or so. She was so glad to be home and this morning in her cot she was so pleased to be back to normal routine.
Ahhhhhhhh they grow up so quick. I can't deny or hide the fact that I am totally ready to have more kids right now if I could, but I have to let Patrick's dose of realism reign supreme because it would be a terrible idea as we are still living with his parents, (but thankfully not under their feet all the time) and I can't work yet until the visa stuff is sorted and then we are totally broke, which is the biggest doozy along with the fact WE ARE LIVING WITH HIS PARENTS (although I don't mean I am ungrateful for that.. god no). God knows when we'll be in a position to actually go, yeah, you know what? Let's have another kid but I am adamant I don't want to leave it too late because of my Mum dying when I was young and I am worried that after a certain age my chances will have gone (which happens a lot nowadays despite the fact that a lot of women have kids later in years) but Patrick and his sister are 8 years apart so I think he thinks that that kind of age gap is acceptable between kids. It is weird to think if we wanted a 2 year age gap (like my brother and I) we'd need to be getting to it late January/early February... coming. Scary. I think I have been broody for a while really and now I hear talk that our friends that have kids Addie's age are talking about trying for another one/getting ready and planning ahead for more kids (be it cars or houses etc) it makes me want it a little bit more. Ho hum. Patience is a virtue and all that.








3 comments:
My friend's baby is a few weeks older than Addie and everything is a Daddy, everything. Even me, haha. But when she sees real Daddy she says it in a proper little person voice, it's kind of scary.
Glad things are going well! Post pics of the love tattoo plz.
will do, its currently somewhat horrid looking!
Ok, I won't ask again haha.
Post a Comment