Monday, 16 November 2009

Use the right words you jackasses

It really winds me up when people, talking about getting or being tattooed use the term "inked up". It is pretty moronic if you ask me. That and "tatted up" in a non ironic sense... And even then I don't think you can say it unless you are a tattooer poking fun at other people. Although I don't think I have personally heard anyone I know say that. I am just letting you know how I feel. I stumbled across an article, which really chuckled me. Granted it is probably super old now, the 'advice' was hilarious. I can imagine some women, with no experience of tattoos herself, only her 'hours of internet trolling for images', writing this 'so helpful' article.
"There are ways to make your own tattoo gun and instructions for doing so can be found on the internet."

Ummmmm. Please don't. And who wrote this wonderful gem of wisdom for all and sundry to try?

"Theresa is currently working as freelance writer and loving every moment of it. She is a stay at home mom to twin boys and spends her afternoons playing with them. She lives in California with her sons, husband and four cats. Tattoos are something Theresa is very interested in. She has gone through hundreds of images on the internet and in magazines, trying to find the perfect tattoo for herself. Though she has an image picked out for a personal tattoo, she has yet to get one. She and her husband do have a date to get tattoos (not matching) in October for Theresa’s birthday if it doesn’t happen before."

Bingo! There we have it. Another example of someone giving poor advice with no experience whatsoever. I only hope that as its some site I've never heard of no one will actually take note of what she says.

Rant over.

No comments: