So last night I got to go out! I was a little reluctant because it had been so long since I had ever had a girls night, but I had a good time. I went with Kristina, Jess and her friends from her salon (she is a hairdresser), Amanda and Shelly, who I never met but I think is AWESOME. In short we went to some terrible bars and had some expensive drinks. We went to Gregs Place and Strange Brew which was cool though. I seem to recall dancing and doing a Freddie Mercury impression in Gregs Place and Kristina and Shelly and I running out on our tab in JW Hills. Whatever, they had their chance to give us the bill and they didn't. Also their bar sucks. Made some new friends and had a great time. We then went to the Red Arrow where we waited a long time with lots of drunken idiots but ate some awesome food.
We met Adam who drove me and Kristina home, dropping off Shelly on the way. Once home around 3.30am I found out I was locked out and didn't have a key. It was easily minus 10˚C and I was so tired and still a little bit drunk I ended up getting mildly hysterical the longer I was left stranded outside. I called Patrick and left some stupid messages getting more and more panicky but his phone was on silent (so we laughed about it in the morning at least). Once I figured out I was fucked and no one was awake to let me in and shouting up at the window didn't work, I called the phone phone. I didn't want to do this initially because I didn't want to wake Sam up who has been working crazy hard right now. SO 45 minutes later. 45 MINUTES of standing in my short jacket and Vans slip ons in the snow I call the house and Rusty comes down to let me in. I am hysterical saying what a terrible husband was as he didn't know where I was and just went to sleep! Hah! Turns out Shannon went for a cigarette and locked the door, probably out of habit as she knew I was out, but never mind. I was so cold that I was shaking in bed for a good hour afterwards. Patrick suggested I took a shower but truth be told I was so tired I just wanted to sleep. Next morning he kindly looked after Addie whilst I slept. What a lovely husband I have. I retract my initial statement about him sucking!!
So my snow initiation I sort of failed/passed but I am slightly less sensitive to the temperature now and this afternoon during another flurry I shovelled the path and deck in my boots with no socks and PJS and wasn't the least bothered!
We met Adam who drove me and Kristina home, dropping off Shelly on the way. Once home around 3.30am I found out I was locked out and didn't have a key. It was easily minus 10˚C and I was so tired and still a little bit drunk I ended up getting mildly hysterical the longer I was left stranded outside. I called Patrick and left some stupid messages getting more and more panicky but his phone was on silent (so we laughed about it in the morning at least). Once I figured out I was fucked and no one was awake to let me in and shouting up at the window didn't work, I called the phone phone. I didn't want to do this initially because I didn't want to wake Sam up who has been working crazy hard right now. SO 45 minutes later. 45 MINUTES of standing in my short jacket and Vans slip ons in the snow I call the house and Rusty comes down to let me in. I am hysterical saying what a terrible husband was as he didn't know where I was and just went to sleep! Hah! Turns out Shannon went for a cigarette and locked the door, probably out of habit as she knew I was out, but never mind. I was so cold that I was shaking in bed for a good hour afterwards. Patrick suggested I took a shower but truth be told I was so tired I just wanted to sleep. Next morning he kindly looked after Addie whilst I slept. What a lovely husband I have. I retract my initial statement about him sucking!!
So my snow initiation I sort of failed/passed but I am slightly less sensitive to the temperature now and this afternoon during another flurry I shovelled the path and deck in my boots with no socks and PJS and wasn't the least bothered!








3 comments:
Sounds like a wild and crazy night with the girls - how fun (but not the being stuck outside in the snow part - brrrr).
Sounds like freezing for 45 minutes was worth the night of fun you had --- hey, did standing outside help eliminate any chance of a hangover the next morning?
You know Little Ms Blogger, I think the cold air did help a little bit, and I definitely less sensitive to the elements here now!!
Post a Comment