Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Bah

So I woke up in a grump today. Apparently I was talking in my sleep again last night. Well, say talking, it was more shouting. Patrick said at that 3am I woke him and Addie up shouting something along the lines of "LET THE DOGS OUT!/DID YOU OPEN THE DOOR SO THE DOGS CAN GET IN?"

Weird because we do not have a dog, let alone many dogs. Patrick hasn't actually ever had a dog and I haven't since I was 12. In actual fact I am glad I was shouting that because last night (although I am not sure at what point) I was having a weird-almost-sex dream involving his friend Dan, which went something along the lines of Indecent Proposal, only much much MUCH cheaper. Haha! Not that I would really consider myself worthy of being sold off by my husband for cash, but that is what seemed to have happened. Weird. Pamela Anderson was also in the dream. Weird.

Tomorrow we have to go off to the lawyers to sign all our forms. I'm glad its going to be done and from our point of view, dealt with. I know that isn't the end of it all, but initially, we can relax and not have to worry a while about it all. Patrick and I seemed to have been bickering the last few days. I know that is just married life and finding our feet, and a lot of it stems from the various stresses in our lives (living with his family, lack of money and sorting out my visa so I can work, having Adelaide sleeping in the same room as us, him being stressed with work and working a long day and me not seeing him most of the day). I want to talk to him about it but I don't know how without it stressing him out more haha. I'm more the "lets talk about this" kinda girl and he isn't that kinda guy. I think deep down he worries (as a knee-jerk reaction) that I might want to go back to England or something whenever I am upset. I am kinda homesick, but I wouldn't ever leave him and break up our family for no good reason. I just wish we had more time together without Adelaide sometimes, quality time. I think he will say that I don't help myself or something. Sometimes, I feel like my confidence is gone, but really to be fair, I am living in a totally alien country finding my feet, so maybe I have, but it'll come and I'll be back in a comfortable zone once again!

Oh well. I should be eating better, but I don't really like American food's obsession with cheese. Or rather this household's! I don't like to be a nuisance and put people out, but a lot of what is bought I can't eat because it upsets my IBS or I just don't like. I have to get over this quick and fast because right now I am starving and yesterday I ate 2 granola bars and 2 sugar cookies (which ruined me). I've given up on American bread pretty much. I haven't found anything that doesn't wreck my insides, and back home, that was a staple part of my diet, so I don't really know how to fill that void at the moment, so I am snacking on the worst things possible at times because I am so ravenous!

Later on today I should be finally getting some boots for the snow! Hoorah! When we go to the store for groceries I am going to rock the boat and ask for a few special items to satisfy my dietry needs! Hoorah!

This journal was brought to you by the letter W for whiney. I'm a whiney limey, sorry.

In other news Adelaide I swear to god said "Merry Christmas" earlier. My father in law heard it too, and he is less likely to read into it, like me or my mother in law would! She is one smart baby!! She currently sitting on the floor, reading to herself (the book is upside down but she doesn't seem to mind!)


2 comments:

Charley said...

Dude, it takes ages to settle in after such a big lifestyle change. Sounds like you're doing pretty, I probably would have cracked up by now!

I found food on the East coast *awful* I swear I couldn't find anything I actually wanted to eat the entire time I was there. Not without paying a lot to go somewhere really posh to eat and even then it seemed to be meat or bread based meals. Why the hell do we get the bad rep for food? I really don't get it.

Alex said...

Seriously Charley, there is a Dunkin' donuts pretty much every other shop!