Saturday, 26 December 2009

Merry Christmas!

First of all, Merry Christmas to all those celebrating!

Addie gave us a nice present, and after a morning bottle (late) at 7am, she then let us sleep in until half 9! Result. We came down to Sam and Rusty who had already gotten up and were waiting for us. We had a lot of presents to open. I won't bore you with the details, but Patrick loved his presents, as did Addie, but we rationed out her gifts, so some of which are now hiding behind the sofa for another day. What a spoilt baby she is hehe. Patrick got me some awesome gifts, the most glamorous being a new super duper 16gb iPod nano! Wooo! Music at the gym again. It has a fancy camera and such on it. We didn't cook, and instead had Chinese, which was lovely. I am feeling very periody and woke up with a blasted cold sore because I am all run down. Boo to that.

Skyped with my Dad and brother a bit, which was awesome. Patrick got me lots of English things for my stocking! I was most surprised and excited by the sight of biscuits I can tell you.

The atmosphere in the house was a bit weird. I think I am probably a bit more sensitive than usual and miss my Dad, but it was weird. It was nice to have and give presents, and even though it snowed today, it didn't feel at all like Christmas. It actually felt tense in the house for the most part. I know Christmas can be a sort of anti-climax when you work towards it for the whole year/month and then it comes and goes, but today was really bizarre. Ho hum.

I saw the BA January flight sale has started. I sent the link to my Dad and Nikki as I would like nothing more than to see my Dad (and Nikki of course) right about now.

Next year Patrick, Adelaide and I are planning to go back to the UK for a holiday for the holidays. My Dad has already promised to cook 2 ducks (not for me please yuck) which Patrick seemed to like the sound of, so that is something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Fawn and Flower said...

I had Chinese yesterday too! I think I'm just going to eat Chinese every Christmas. It's so much nicer than cooking all day, plus I'm always ill during the holidays and hot mustard makes my head feel nice.

And hooray for gym music! I've been forgetting my iPod a lot lately, which makes for a pretty shit hour of trying to eavesdrop on conversations around me and reading the captions on the football games playing on the sets.

I hear ya though, this year just felt different. I'm kind of glad it's over.