Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Oh uh...

So it is official. Adelaide has inherited my sleep talking and such like. Last night she was on full pelt, talking into her mattress, singing, sighing, then nothing. Then scream and so on. I initially got up to check on her, having heard her pace about the cot, but she was just lying there, shouting. So I went back to bed. This carried on for a little while and eventually she woke herself up. Patrick ended up giving her a bottle at 3.15am or so, and then she muttered her way back to sleep. She was up again at 4.30am, and as I had to go get some milk, she lost her shit when she thought I was leaving her, so Patrick had to get her out of the cot to calm her down. I sat with her and cuddled as she inhaled another 6 or 7oz of milk and then she dug her way into my lap. We cuddled a bit more and then I put her down.

FUCK teeth man. I am guessing this is all to do with those pesky canines, because I only sleep talk when I am in a strange bed, not relaxed or stressed out. And I don't think she has anything to be stressed about. The last couple of nights it has gotten worse, so I really hope she pops a tooth soon, because its horrid having to listen to her have a dream that seems to get progressively worse and more terrifying for her because her gums are hurting her.

Maybe one day when she is in a room of her own these kind of nights will be a think of the past!

Patrick left for work an hour or so late today... whoops! He is out for the night tonight, staying at a friend and colleague's house, so they can do some work on a project of theirs.

He has to pick up some things for me as well at British Delights in Westford on Wednesday as well, as otherwise our Christmas Dinner is going to be SHITTY!

I am expecting the world and their dog to be delivered at the house today via UPS... so a lot of Christmas present wrapping will be done at some point. Then tonight I'll watch a few episodes of Eastenders whilst Patrick is away, and make some biscuits and do some work on my quilt finally..... ho hum, the domestic life for me.

In other news, it seems my 28 year old brother, who is visiting with my Dad at the moment, seems to think it fun and not at all retarded to start disclosing all my little secrets and indiscretions from when I was younger and still living with them both. What the fuck? What ever happened to solidarity Oliver? Thanks a bunch you dick. I could get into the telling tales of this and that of what he did, what seriously, what is the point? I mean, there is a whole bunch of stuff that I would rather my Dad didn't know about, because he just wouldn't understand or approve, and it isn't just worth getting into. because as soon as I said something that he had done and I had covered up etc, he would just probably share some other information, even worse than the last. But why do that Olie? You massive tool. What is the point? I am sure that in the grand scheme of things my Dad doesn't actually care what my brother told him. And I don't really have a lot of secrets, least not on the internet, but it's a sort of different world to him and I don't really want to pull him into that hahah!

How mysterious.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Awww British stores online, how cute!

I'm sooo sending you some creme eggs when they get them back in stock (usually a week after xmas lol). As a silly vegan I wont eat them, so need to spread the love over the pond x

Alex said...

om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom to Creme Eggs!!!